The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Roughing spray (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
605 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Can you guys pm what you are using for rou** spray? Thanks.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
4103 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Testors Dulcote, Krylon Matte Finish 1311, Science Friction Spray, Plasti dip clear, Harry Robson roughing stick (back in stock at Vanishing Inc.)
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
605 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Thanks Poof!
Dapperdan
View Profile
New user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
95 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
FWIW... I just purchased and used the Harry Robson stick that Poof mentions and it is great! SO much better than the brush-on roughing liquid I purchased before!
Tada!...

Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
605 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Thanks Dapper! I'll probably stick with the cheaper option right now tho. 😂. See what I did there? My can of roughing spray (probably testors) is leaving a yellowish tint on my cards. Probably has nuthing to do with it being every bit of 15 years old. hahaa!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
4103 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Dollarbill wrote:
My can of roughing spray (probably testors) is leaving a yellowish tint on my cards. Probably has nuthing to do with it being every bit of 15 years old. hahaa!

Do not spray it on so thick. that may be the reason rather than age. Hold the spray can about 8" away and a row of 13 cards should take no more than 1 second to pass over. If it looks like you missed some spots respray that row but faster his time (like 1/2 second fast) and it will be good enough when it dries.
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
4103 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Dapperdan wrote:
FWIW... I just purchased and used the Harry Robson stick that Poof mentions and it is great! SO much better than the brush-on roughing liquid I purchased before!

What were you using that was "brush on"? That is one I have never heard of. Also, with the stick, do you have to rough both cards for it to work right like testors and dulcote or can you just do every other card (like SF Spray)?
Cancer Sux

Smile Smile
Dapperdan
View Profile
New user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
95 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Dapperdan wrote:

What were you using that was "brush on"? That is one I have never heard of. Also, with the stick, do you have to rough both cards for it to work right like testors and dulcote or can you just do every other card (like SF Spray)?

I had picked up a bottle of Aldini’s Quick Fix Roughing Fluid. It goes on like nail polish.

As for the stick, Robson recommends doing both cards, and that seems to do pretty good. Also, in the video, he preps an entire Brainwave deck in 2 1/2 minutes. Smile
Tada!...

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Roughing spray (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL