The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Compromised/ breached (652 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20..26..32..38..44~45~46 [Next]
Mind over Magic
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Mind over Magic
I received mine.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
What law is broken by performing this?
I've asked to be banned
Mind over Magic
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Mind over Magic
Computer Fraud and Abuse act.

18 U.S. Code § 1030 - Fraud and related activity in connection with computers.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2018, pegasus wrote:
I find it incredible how so many are happy to throw away so much with so little info.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
I hate to say but I told you so.
MP
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2018, ed wood wrote:
In Peter's post he seems to be giving the impression that the creator of this effect is some sort of saint who is doing us all a favour by releasing this effect and it is causing him a great deal of pain, but the martyr he is he will endure to bring this effect to the world. In fact if he sells 100 copies at £100 per copy with very little overhead he is due to make a cool £10,000. Think I could endure answering a few emails for that.
Fact is there is no guarantee this is limited to 100 copies, there is no guarantee this will work on any phone or work after the next update. No guarantee this is anything but preshow or a stooge. The creator has made no claims about this product therefore he is perfectly entitled to sell thousands of copies. He has made no claims about how it works or what it is so if it turns out you are sending someone £100 to receive instructions on how to perform a centre tear there is no comeback.
To be blunt, if you buy a trick for £100 that no one has seen performed in full, that no one knows exactly what it is, from a performer you've never heard of purely on the word of a friend of there's then you're a fool.
This thread reeks of the trivialisation of mentalism (to quote Bob Cassidy) and exploiting the gullible.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Give me a HUG. Ring any bells?
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, Mind over Magic wrote:
Notice how Ryan requested money through his personal PayPal link? You can't dispute a personal transaction.

I believe if you send money using "Pay for Goods and Services" you are automatically covered with Paypal Buyer and Seller Protection and you can dispute. Winning that dispute is completely another beast.

As for the legality of it, I remember on Facebook that Ryan explicitly said and I am paraphrasing: it is legal for sure (even though the sales post was later deleted because it did not belong to the group if I am not mistaken).

If it is indeed illegal (I do not have the book so I cannot judge), then I do not know what to say! The last thing I expect from 'professionals' is to sell or endorse something that is against the law. However, we also need to remember that we are in the business of tricks and illusions. Many things we do are in fact illegal! Burning/destroying money is illegal. Many of the 'new apps' are illegal. Loading strangers' pockets, pick-pocketing, bypassing the lock screen, and so much more of what we do are illegal. Some things we do border on unethical as well. So many routines, so many methods, and so many stories...

We justify it as 'entertainment' but most of what we do can be used for ill purposes. But hey, once more reviews come in, one can know better. Also, what is legal in one country, may not be legal in another, so that is another thing to consider.

Either way, I am interested to see where this thread goes and how the buyers respond. But yeah, it has taken a much darker turn already!!

And just to reiterate an important lesson, whatever you do, always send money as 'Pay for goods or services"! Always Smile
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I'm told the Facebook thread was deleted the moment someone commented a link to the £5 app that achieves exactly the say thing, whatspy. Strange that...

I'm not on Facebook, so that that how you may.

Ryan still not answering any of the questions posted since he asked for them.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Whatspy does not exist, on iOS anyway.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Whatspy does not exist, on iOS anyway.

Whatspy does exist on iOS and its free:
https://itunes.apple.com/bh/app/whatspy-......023?mt=8
MP
Mud Magic Art
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Mud Magic Art
Just received the book. Love it. It’s the sort of thing thing Bob Cassidy would have smiled about. The routine, framing, bits of business and performance tips are pure gold. I’m not surprised Peter was fooled by this and chose to endorse it. One word of caution, it’s not for the merely curious or amateur. This fits into the category of serious tools for the serious performer.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Smile
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, Mud Magic Art wrote:
Just received the book. Love it. It’s the sort of thing thing Bob Cassidy would have smiled about. The routine, framing, bits of business and performance tips are pure gold. I’m not surprised Peter was fooled by this and chose to endorse it. One word of caution, it’s not for the merely curious or amateur. This fits into the category of serious tools for the serious performer.

Ok, *** it I know you're trolling but I'm bored so I'll play along. Where exactly in the world are you living that you get post on a sunday?
I doubt you even know who Bob Cassidy was if you think he'd like a trick that used a phone but please expand on what he would have liked about it?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

Post on a Sunday. Amazon delivered it, eh? Jeez.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, ed wood wrote:
Quote:

Ok, *** it I know you're trolling but I'm bored so I'll play along. Where exactly in the world are you living that you get post on a sunday?
I doubt you even know who Bob Cassidy was if you think he'd like a trick that used a phone but please expand on what he would have liked about it?

LOL
:)
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I love a good puppet show... even if it is just with sock puppets Smile

~
:pop:
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Mud Magic Art
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Mud Magic Art
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Post on a Sunday. Amazon delivered it, eh? Jeez.

Yes, it arrived Saturday. I was away yesterday, back home today. If you’re still confused please PM me.
Mud Magic Art
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Mud Magic Art
Quote:
Quote:

Ask Doctor Crow about burning the money Smile If that doesn’t make sense to you then PM me and I’ll explain.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ask Doctor Crow about burning the money Smile If that doesn’t make sense to you then PM me and I’ll explain.

Might need to get the Ouija board out to do that.
Why on earth would I pm you? If I'm going to engage with a blatant troll/fake account then I want to do it publicly so others can be amused by your ignorance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Compromised/ breached (652 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20..26..32..38..44~45~46 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL