The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does his table have a name? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
I’m looking to get this “box on a stand” sort of a case. It looks like the top slides to one side and becomes a table top. I perform lots of shows surrounded, and my suitcase table is obviously open from the back. Is this something that Dick built, do you think, or purchasable somewhere?

http://www.dickstoner.com/dicks-videos/

My online search is proving difficult because I don’t know what to call it Smile I found this collapsible one, which looks great:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32792381774.html

But it’s a bit loud for my taste.

Thank you for any help!!!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You can do what you want but Aliexpress sells cheap knockoffs and fakes.

I would not buy anything from them ever again. I once bought a book that was selling as a PDF for a "low price". All I got was an illegal scan of two pages at a time of the book. I got my money back, deleted the file and informed the author. I am pretty sure I made a post somewhere about them.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Did you look here, on the Showtime Magic Products website?

Https://squareup.com/market/showtime-magic-products

It looks a bit like the Juggler Table that they sell. (Basically, a "wide" version of the Hank Moorehouse Cube Table.)

I don't think that's the exact table he's using, but it's a close match.

Fairchild Magic also has the Laflin Table, which opens at the top.

http://fairchildmagic.com/fairchild_magic_v2_091.htm

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dick Stoner had his table case built for him by a local craftsman at a lumber yard. It comes apart, the front and back are slide into groves on the hinged sides. Much like the Mak Magic Tak-A-Part live stock vanish. Dick then attached the large 4 leg spread out single pole stand to the bottom. These were available from a magic dealer years ago. I think they are still available. Dick likes his table very high, 42 inches so all can see his props and they are working height. The Fairchild table legs with wheels are very much like what he used.

He carried everything in a large suitcase. I know I had to lug it from his car to his shows a number of times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does his table have a name? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL