The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Live Mentalism Conversation (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
At the "Mentalism Conversation Community" we have already five great video conversations that you can enjoy IN HERE

So far: Lance Sinclair, Kenton Knepper, Joe Diamond, Steve Wachner, Enrique Enriquez...and more to come !
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Get rid of Joe Diamond asap... I'm glad you are doing this ... However, Exposure should not be rewarded. Scam School is BAD NEWS.... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Marko Ragnos
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Marko Ragnos
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, Slim King wrote:
Get rid of Joe Diamond asap.

What is wrong with him?
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Love your work Amira but agree with Slim. His exposure on scam school cheapness the art and besides, did he contact Mr Becker when exposing his methods!?
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Ugh, hadn’t heard of more exposure on scam school. *** it, will the community please stop supporting this show! They lost me with the ID.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Bummer, just watched. And in that I’m a little torn as well, as now I’ve added another number to their hit rate. But yeah, that’s not his to give away, and should not be done on an open forum. And even if it’s in the “public domain” legally it’s not cool to the community of mentalists. I’m okay with a Dover Book, but not with a freely found Video explanation. What’s wrong with people?

Please, mentalists and Magicians, respect our arts and the inherent secrets involved, and stop supporting other who don’t.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The only way to stop this is to shun or shame those who expose for profit or spite. I myself won't tolerate it. Scam school exposed several things that were on my DVDs They stole all that for thousands in YouTube money. It's low down thievery. They should be ashamed of themselves.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It's a shame that people can't discuss or talk about mentalism without discussions turning to methods, secrets and exposures. Seems like a magician thing again, as most mentalists I know rarely talk about methods as much as they do the art, the love of the art, and performance of the art itself. What is this supposed to be a lineup of hipster mentalism? Lol.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I love the Mystery Arts. But if you remove the Mystery you destroy the Art!!!!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Thanks for the support, feedback and opinion guys.

With this project we are creating a platform of free video content in which different creators and performers can offer his own works and perspectives. As you might understand, personal decisions that are outside this particular instance are...well..out of our values and parameters.

This week the special guest is ... Matt Pulsar!
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
But you could support the community by dumping the exposurer...
I've asked to be banned
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, IAIN wrote:
But you could support the community by dumping the exposurer...

I took it off Iain, you are right. I don't agree with that particular behaviour.

Thanks
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Well done, thanks Pablo.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I support your decision .. THANK YOU!!!!!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá

Enjoy the new one with "Matt Pulsar" in HERE

Next week... ???
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
RichardAwesome
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of RichardAwesome
I've never been one to jump in places I don't belong. Nevertheless...here we are.

I'd heard about this issue and someone mentioned it to me at a show last night and I was overcome with curiosity to look. I'll preface my point by saying I was a fan of Scam School, as are/were many other performers. I sort of plateaued with it awhile back but still happen to think it has a great deal of merit. It is, and remains, many young people's introduction to this work. That is an indisputable fact. Not to mention 50 years from now platforms such as YouTube, or whatever 2068's version of the that is, ill be the the only means many people have to to begin studying this art.

Further, I don't know Joe personally. We've performed in the same venues. I've seen him work. I've seen him destroy rooms. We are "facebook friends" but that, of course, doesn't mean anything. I don't believe we've spoken 2 words to each other in person . Frankly this thread will do nothing to harm his reputation or his audiences. (which is where the livings are made) He will never see it, and even if he did he wouldn't care what I, or anyone else, had to say.

I bring those things up only because I have no dog in this hunt, as it were.

Now to that point I've been tiptoeing up to. Given the nature and spirit of Scam School, it's potential audience, and weighing what it does for the art vs what it diminishes I feel compelled to say something. I say it to no one in particular, certainly to no one on this thread, and with every bit of respect due: If someone posting on the Café is insisting they wouldn't go on that show if asked, I insist they are either mistaken or lying.

Eric
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, RichardAwesome wrote:
If someone posting on the Café is insisting they wouldn't go on that show if asked, I insist they are either mistaken or lying.
Eric

That’s the whole point as to why people are pi$$ed. This me over we attitude is what has hurt our artform. It’s selfish self promotion with no consideration for other people’s creations with the only goal of being a 5 minute star in the eyes of preteens on YouTube is sad. You’ve missed the point completely.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Couldn't agree more. The sentiment "If someone posting on the Café is insisting they wouldn't go on that show if asked, I insist they are either mistaken or lying" is a prime example of this type of extremely limited thinking. There are many who wouldn't go and would not be lying at all. This just demonstrates what so many here have believed.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, RichardAwesome wrote:
If someone posting on the Café is insisting they wouldn't go on that show if asked, I insist they are either mistaken or lying.

Eric, you are woefully mistaken... Or lying.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
"I say it to no one in particular, certainly to no one on this thread, and with every bit of respect due: If someone posting on the Café is insisting they wouldn't go on that show if asked, I insist they are either mistaken or lying".

I am neither mistaken or lying.I harbour no ambition to appear on this characters' channel. However I am confused as to why you think going on this youtube channel would be an aim of any working performer?
Perhaps you might enlighten us?...
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Live Mentalism Conversation (32 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL