The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Ideas anyone? For a FUN way to reveal a baby's gender... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Hi!

(I hope this is the right place to post this!)

I just booked a small gig (a family party, booked by the grandmother), where the gender of the grandmothers grand baby will be revealed. The baby's gender will be kept a secret to everyone, except the grandmother. She booked me for the event to do magic (of course!), but to also reveal the gender to everyone, in a fun and magical way, as a finale to my performance. So I'm currently brainstorming for a way to do this.

Looking for ANY ideas! Smile

Thank you in advance!

-Doug
"Bringing magic to life."

www.DougRoyMagic.com
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
You could use Haim Goldenberg's Cryptext (http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10771). Use a few people in the audience to create a number, then you say you e-mailed the baby and asked it for its favorite number and then reveal that the two numbers match. Turn over the number and it says "It's A Girl" or "It's a Boy"
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Thank you!! I'll look into that! Smile

I've been leaning toward putting a doll (the babys gender) into my rabbit production box, and after showing it empty... having the couple open the box for the reveal.
Simple and direct, but... VERY open to other creative options! Smile

Thanks again!

-Doug

www.DougRoyMagic.com
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Well "Mediocre".... you're definitely NOT mediocre to me! I will be using Cryptext!!

Here's the routine I will be doing:

https://vimeo.com/59934065

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

-Doug

www.DougRoyMagic.com
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
No worries Doug. Good luck with the presentation. I hope they love it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Ideas anyone? For a FUN way to reveal a baby's gender... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL