The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Kit (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
This is something I've been working on for some time now.
It's a custom fitted case for a crystal mirror goblet, a gaffed (Mag) metal planchette and a gaffed (Stripper) lexicon deck.

For the primary major effect, The sitter can point the planchette to any set of face down cards. The performer isolates them by placing them into the glass as they're chosen, so they remain undisclosed. Then once whatever number of letters to be chosen is arrived at, the medium turns the glass around so the faces can be seen for the first time and removes them one at a time revealing that they perfectly spell whatever name or word the medium has chosen.

In addition the cards are cut to allow several other effects, aside from the traditional Ouija presentations.
And of course the planchette can suddenly slide on it's own accord.

Fun stuff!
Scott Douglas
View Profile
New user
Florida
82 Posts

Profile of Scott Douglas
Beautiful.

Can we get a better look at the planchette? It looks great.
Dark Foundry | Magic Creations
www.darkfoundry.com

Labyrinth 1616 | Mind Reading Book from the 17th Century
http://www.darkfoundry.com/labyrinth/
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Thanks, I'm really glad you like the look of it.

Here's a better look at the planchette.

magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Absolutely beautiful. Is this an item that Dan at Lebanon Circle will stock at some future date?
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Thanks Magic,

Yes, the goal is to have them available in the near future through Lebanon Circle.
At the moment I'm writing the manual, which isn't terribly lengthy so it ought to be finished shortly.
Once that's done I'll be sending all the info over to Dan.

In between finishing up some previous orders for Resurrection and Nightmares I've been slowly working toward getting this finished along with some other projects.
It's come a long way!
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Wow, this looks incredible and the routine sounds great.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Smile Smile Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I just love your work Cody. Your props are always so well-designed and are as beautiful to hold and work with as they are to look at.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
That means a lot to me Wizard,
I'm deeply humbled by the responses here.

Whenever I create anything, first and foremost it must satisfy my own needs.
Which happens to mean that since I'm pretty terrible at sleight of hand, the method must be simple and generally almost self working.
In this case, I was originally using the Mexican turnover to (Switch) flip the cards, but this particular solution worked much better for me.
And of course, whatever I'm building it must fit my performance style and the general aesthetic I'm going for.

It always brings a smile to my face when others are able to appreciate these things too. Smile
The fact that there's a group of people interested in this stuff all year round is pretty awesome!
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Beautiful Cody, absolutely beautiful! And as someone who’s hands have been bashed by swords too many times over the years to be able to do much finger flinging anymore the phrase “simple and generally almost self working” fills me with delight as does “available from Lebanon Circle” A great combination.

How many kidneys should I put up for sale I wonder?
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I'm sorry to hear that about your fingers. My hands are fine, I'm just lazy. Smile

And Dan has been a charm to work with. He's been more than just a consummate professional, he's been a good friend.
He sincerely cares about his customers and those he works with. It's been an honor and a privilege.

Regarding the whole Kidney thing.
Due to the complexity of the build, I picture it somewhere around the same price point as Dominus.
And as always, if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me, or email me at shin.13x@gmail.com
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Really exceptional!
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Laziness does come into it too, but the rheumatism will get me eventually, completely self inflicted, should have learnt to move quicker in the early days and wear better armour!

That sort of price seems very reasonable for something so beautifully crafted, can’t wait.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Lovely work. Scripting opportunities seem boundless. Eager to check this out.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
This is a really attractive kit. Hope it's successful for you.

Oscar
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Hi Cody, any updates regarding the release date of the "Seance Kit"?

Also, if I order from Dan will it ship from the UK or will it come direct from you in the States? You see, I may need to crack open another piggy bank to cover the additional import tax if coming from the States. Obviously, if they could ship direct from the UK to your customers in the EU then that would be great. Just a thought!
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Hi Cody, I see that your advertisement page is no longer available on the Lebanon Circle website.

Is this just a temporary situation?
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
It's down so I catch up on several backorders.

I haven't had time to work on the Seance kit, but as soon as I have time again I'll give you guys an update!
If anyone would like to get in touch with me for any reason, my email is shin.13x@gmail.com
Ironjim
View Profile
New user
Northern Ca
50 Posts

Profile of Ironjim
Wow - that is spooky just looking at the pics.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This thing looks amazing. I am waiting for a release date also.... yes sir, this looks amazing....

ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Kit (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL