The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Scryer Files (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
A couple of years ago, with much promotion, a set of two DVD's came out entitled "The Scryer Project." The product was underwhelming and, within months, was selling at discounts.

Will the Files be better than the Project?

George
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Hi George, I have been told it is, and if you read the posts here you will get a good idea. I’ve never seen that video and I don’t plan to. Best to move forward. I’m putting a lot of work into The Scryer Files.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
And we are a go a Stevens Magic!

click here for The Scryer Files

Blessed be.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi Matt

What is the running time of the first "Living and Dead" files please.

Cheers
Dr Rob
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
1hr 9 mins 44 seconds
I've asked to be banned
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Do you need anything else to perform this?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I just finished watching. Great video.

It covers the Scryer Living and Dead test. Great effect - simple and powerful, and it's well taught by 'Matt'.

He also shares some really valuable information on how to get a participant using a pendulum quickly and effectively. I am definitely looking forward to incorporating his ideas next time I hand a pendulum to a participant who has never used one.

Recommended!

Jaizon - no, just some paper or cards and a pendulum.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
I just finished watching. Great video.

It covers the Scryer Living and Dead test. Great effect - simple and powerful, and it's well taught by 'Matt'.

He also shares some really valuable information on how to get a participant using a pendulum quickly and effectively. I am definitely looking forward to incorporating his ideas next time I hand a pendulum to a participant who has never used one.

Recommended!

Jaizon - no, just some paper or cards and a pendulum.

Last Laugh, thanks for your nice review. I'm going to pick this up now.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Mr. Pulsar has done an excellent job on this...
I've asked to be banned
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
See? Smile

And only $20 - what a deal.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
In thanks for all the support Scryer has asked me to share a routine with the community.
You can get it with the link below, but when you go there, please read the thread and leave a question.

I have posted the link for download in inner thoughts here.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Another fantastic review for TSF. Thanks Steve!

“Many would take note of the reputation of Neil Scryers creativity, but add Matt, who moves in similar circles into the mix and you know you’ve a sure fire project to get your hands on ... and just look at the other reviews! Both Neil and Matt are performers who care about the spectator and human experience – and where the outcome is never about the performer. Forget your tricks - this is real world work, packed full of insight and the type of presentation nuances that any discerning performer should study. Highly recommend this.”

-Steve Drury
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
“I've just finished watching a one hour presentation called The Scryer Files: Volume One, Living and Dead. To be clear, what you'll receive is an mp4 file destined for your Dropbox. In this first of a series, host Matt Pulsar brings to life the work and legacy of that mysterious man of mentalism, the legendary Neal Scryer. No, Mr. Scryer didn't physically appear during the filming, but his presence is felt all the way through, with honorable mention going to Richard Webster, the man behind the actual writing of the Scryer books.

While the Living and Dead Test theme is itself a very old classic in mentalism and related spooky woo woo, despite its title, the method can be used for an almost unlimited number of effects for the faint of heart and those who keep a night light on at midnight... just in case. In other words, the method is so time-tested and user-friendly, it doesn't limit the performer at all, in any way. If you wish, you can use the method to deal with living people and their thoughts, just as effectively.

I'm happy to note that this is one of the most well produced tutorial shoots I've seen in a long time! A lot of care and thought went into it. Very pleasing to the eye and ear. The viewer is taken backstage, so to speak, way backstage into a private inner sanctum where all great Magi thrive. It is there that Pulsar explains the hows, the whys, and the subtleties of the method, the cards he uses and why, the technique, the secrets, and the moment necessary things need to naturally happen, all the very important components you will need to perform this classic. Of particular interest was his handling of the pendulum, one of the most useful and ever fascinating tools we have.

All in all, the Scryer File Project is off and running on a high note! In further releases, we must wonder if The Legendary One himself will finally make a visual appearance. I've heard rumors that he's been spotted doing expensive private workshops for elite audiences in various European cities. My sources tell me he's also been spotted enjoying exquisite foods and highly caloric desserts in the States. So while most of us may not be able to, as yet, meet the man himself, his work is here for you to enjoy, right now.”

-Richard Busch
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I love the way everything is explained. The routine is really powerful and the new additions they making it even stronger. Well done Matt and Scryer!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
This is a very well made video with lots of useful information. Although I will not use this in my show (just doesn't fit) I am very happy with my purchase and very much look forward to the next release. Nice job, Matt.
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
If I try to open the page from Steven Magic it gives me a "Sorry, Page Not Found!" error. Someone having the same problem?
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
This link should work fine. Is that what you need?

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/the-sc......ownload/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Scryer Files (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL