We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » It's Contest Time! (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a long way to where I'm going
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
I know that quite a few story telling magicians don’t like to use switching wallets, but I can think of many situations in which a spooky looking wallet could have a great function in a story.

However, I have noticed that most of the existing switching wallets look too fancy and modern to be used as an authentic prop during bizarre story telling magic. They are machine stitched, contain zippers and/or have a shiny (mostly black) leather look (disclaimer: of course, it’s likely that I’m not aware of all existing switching wallets. And there are beautiful leather cases, for example those made by Moonskin for Alchemy Moon, but they don’t ‘switch’ as far as I know). Furthermore, the wallets are often too small to contain the bigger Tarot cards.

Therefore, I have decided to create the Bizarre Switching Wallet that can fit most Tarot cards. It is hand-made and hand-sewn in The Netherlands by a professional leathercrafts(wo)man. So no machines or child labor involved.

The core of this new product is obviously the switching wallet. But I would love to offer a pdf with stories in which the wallet can be used. Therefore, I would like to start a CONTEST!

The winner gets a ‘The Bizarre Switching Wallet’ for free.

The stories of all contestants will be included in the accompanying pdf. David Eichler, one of the highly respected brothers in the bizarre has agreed to act as a contest judge, together with me.

We welcome creative and innovative contributions and we hope you will have fun participating in this contest! To create a ’level playing field’, the stories need to make use of the wallet and three Tarot cards (which, by the way, will be included if you order the wallet): The Lovers, The Devil and Death. However, if you don’t like to be fenced in: feel free to come up with something else than the cards, but please use the wallet in your stories.

If you would like to participate, please send your story to flash_lq AT hotmail DOT com

Please PM me if you have any questions.

The deadline is September 15, 2018.

Happy writing!

https://vimeo.com/279555714
pieaddict
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of pieaddict
Ooo nice. I May have a go at this. I better sharpen my pencil.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
4970 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Darn, just looking at the wallet gives me ideas of a story already....

Ray
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of Station10
Awesome! Let me sharpen my pencil.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Bogbadger
View Profile
Loyal user
England
293 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Excellent! I’m in!
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Thank you very much for your responses. We're looking forward to your entries! Regards, Luc.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
By the way, the wallet works like a regular z-fold wallet. Please PM me if you have any questions. Luc.
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
754 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Nice looking wallet!
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Four more weeks to go! Time flies...
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2201 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Any update on this contest, comments on submissions recieved?
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi Kotah,

There are at least three stories for the pdf-booklet already (fourth will follow hopefully soon). We also know that several people are working on a story for the contest. There is still time for submissions to come in. You are wholeheartedly invited to participate! Regards, Luc.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of Station10
I have my submission ready to send but had a question. Do you have a timeframe for announcing the winner? Last contest left everyone hanging for almost 8 months.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

~ Alfred Tennyson
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi John,

Unless I die or become terminally ill, the winner will be announced in October. And even if such an unfortunate event would take place, I guess that David will take care of things Smile

Cheers, Luc.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of Station10
My submission has been humbly submitted. Thank you!
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

~ Alfred Tennyson
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1616 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2018, Station10 wrote:
I have my submission ready to send but had a question. Do you have a timeframe for announcing the winner? Last contest left everyone hanging for almost 8 months.

Hey John, remember the contest which began last December and ended on Feb. 14th. The turnaround time to announcing the winner was less than a week.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14

Be well,

David
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of Station10
I stand corrected. For some reason I thought yours was before the other one.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

~ Alfred Tennyson
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
John, many thanks for your submission! Regards, Luc.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
How odd... I almost have one more than
1007 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Just to clarify... this is a story involving the wallet, not a bizarre routine, right? A work of fiction?
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi Seth, I'm not sure I fully understand your question. But I guess both options are valid. Regards, Luc.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Dear all,

The people who have seen the wallet are very enthusiastic about it! The wallet looks great, smells great and above all: it does what it needs to do.

We have now entered the last week of the story contest. Please share your story and you may get the wallet for free! All contestants will receive a set of the submitted stories. The stories will also be part of the pdf that will go with the wallet when it will be released in October, as mentioned.

Good luck. Regards, Luc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » It's Contest Time! (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL