The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New to Mem Deck Work (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
paperinick
View Profile
Special user
my faro is starting to look nice after
897 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
Just hang out with Nicolino - you'll learn soooo much!

Why do you think I am open to suggestions, here on a public board, for who I should hang out with?

Quote:
I honestly, strongly, believe that my comments are HELPFUL.

That's good for your self esteem I guess; I can assure that - funny jokes aside - I honestly and strongly believe my comments are helpful as well.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
7828 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Wonderful. Keep on helping.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
7828 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Oh, and the reason I suggest for you to hang out with Nicolino is that you two just remind me of each other. Not your problem, but you asked, so I'm telling you.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
2153 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I'd suggest Mnemonica. Being able to get into your stack from NDO in front of audience is a great option.

If I recall correctly, Redfords stack can be done form NDO as well.

It's worth mentioning that Phoenix cards come in a slightly different new deck order than Bikes, and it makes getting in (and out) of Mnemonica even easier. They even include an 'advertising card' with a built in crib. You do need to be able to do a few faros, but if you can put in the time to learn a memdeck, a faro will be a breeze. I'd suggest Phoenix cards for that too as they faro perfectly out of the box.
LL=MM
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
524 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I think we are missing one great contribution on this post, it's the second part of Tamariz's book on h**f stack. First it is much easier to learn than a regular stack, and second it opens a new set of opportunities for the not used bank. This is an open forum, so not wanting to reveal much, but I hope it makes sense. In that line, Woody Aragon's work on Memorandum is great. First, he builds as many properties as possible in the h**f stack, poker deals, mirror stack, four of a kind, spellings,... but the best part is his s*****e stack, where the second bank is fully used to get to another well known setup when needed. I also decided to combine this with the ultimatum deck which gives you a very easy to use tool for table hopping.
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
118 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
Thank you all for your replies. There is lots to think about here.

Harry Lorayne, thank you for taking the time to offer thoughts here. I am also working on non memdeck work and effects that can be done with a borrowed deck. The memdeck is a going to be a longer term project and something I am casually working on at the moment, especially with all the reading it looks like I am going to have to do.

I really must stop researching though. The more I look, the more I find that seem interesting. It really is a rabbit hole I have found myself in. At least it will keep me off the streets.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New to Mem Deck Work (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL