The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Strange Thoughts... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Feel free to share your strange thoughts on this thread.

My Strange Thought: How big would cats (house cats) need to be before they tried to eat us?

I mean, you could trust a dog as they demonstrate love and loyalty but cats seem only to tolerate us as bringers of food. I'm not talking about tigers or lions, though for the sake of this ST they could get to that size but I don't correlate tigers/lions to large house cats.

Their natural instinct to pounce and swat would become an issue as they grow larger - though I suspect they would play with us a bit (for entertainment purposes) before eating half of us and leave our remnants on the floor...
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Strange Thought #2: If a world wide virus disabled our taste buds would we eat healthier?

If you can't taste the salty goodness of potato chips, the rich creamy taste of chocolate, or the endless variety of tasty beverages; would you be content with drinking water and eating healthy foods?

Or would food texture replace taste?
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
We all know that the healthier foods don’t taste as good. So yes if we had no taste I could eat broccoli.Smile

Tom
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:

My Strange Thought: How big would cats (house cats) need to be before they tried to eat us?

I mean, you could trust a dog as they demonstrate love and loyalty but cats seem only to tolerate us as bringers of food. I'm not talking about tigers or lions, though for the sake of this ST they could get to that size but I don't correlate tigers/lions to large house cats.

Their natural instinct to pounce and swat would become an issue as they grow larger - though I suspect they would play with us a bit (for entertainment purposes) before eating half of us and leave our remnants on the floor...

I would say probably when they got just a bit larger than a pitbull.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Strange Thought #3: If sex stopped being pleasurable, would the human race die out?
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
It's a funny thing about pleasure.

It can be quite...

PLEASURABLE!

- Bruce
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

True, but if you take out the pleasure principle isn't it just as much fun as doing push ups?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

#1 There is a stray feral (true feral) cat with kittens that appeared one day. She hissed and spit (never saw a cat spit before) each time I passed. I thought how big would she need to be to bring me down and feed her kittens.

Even a domesticated cat seems to only tolerate their owners (as long as they feed them). I think old cat ladies will end up being eaten by their cats.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
Strange Thought #3: If sex stopped being pleasurable, would the human race die out?

No. Many many children are conceived in test tubes.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
#1 There is a stray feral (true feral) cat with kittens that appeared one day. She hissed and spit (never saw a cat spit before) each time I passed. I thought how big would she need to be to bring me down and feed her kittens.

Even a domesticated cat seems to only tolerate their owners (as long as they feed them). I think old cat ladies will end up being eaten by their cats.

Domestic cats can be very affectionate.
Dogs will eat their owners as well on occasion.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I think Mike is just not a cat person.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 29, 2018, magicfish wrote:

Domestic cats can be very affectionate.
Dogs will eat their owners as well on occasion.

Yeah... but I think they are plotting evil thoughts while doing so Smile

Quote:
On Aug 30, 2018, 0pus wrote:
I think Mike is just not a cat person.

Cats are fine, but if they were people I wouldn't trust them to hold my wallet.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:

Is sex suppose to be pleasurable? I knew I was doing something wrong.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The reason frogs are so happy is they eat what bugs them.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Strange Thought #3: If you had super powers (IE: Superman) where you were extremely strong, 99% invulnerable, fast, and could fly would you be a hero or a villain? Meaning, would you serve the common good or serve your own self interest. I believe the more you think about it the greyer that line becomes. Do you serve humanity and follow their rules... or... do you change the world because now you have the potential to change it? Could you handle that much power?

Yeah... I'd be villain...
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Strange Thought #3 while hypothetical asks the real question about mans true nature. Are we deep down inside good or bad. If I were to be totally honest I would have to say bad. It just seems so natural and easy to be bad. Goodness takes work. I have also seen how people behave when consequences are removed from life's morays. The tendency is to become animalistic, satisfying selfish wants at the expense of others. Most often it takes those who would keep order to coral the evil into behaving. So perhaps I'd like to think myself a due gooder but would not "absolute power corrupt absolutely? My moral compass is strong but I'm not sure I could holdout in a society gone bad?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
I have also seen how people behave when consequences are removed from life's morays.

Personally, I think it's probably better to be bad when surrounded by eels. Especially big, hungry ones.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
You just swung for the softball. I was waiting for something on the coral or the due.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Strange Thought #4

If you are what you eat, what would you look like?

"Hey Jill, you're looking great!"
"Thanks! I just got back from my stylist, do you like it"
Spaghetti is a great look for you, how ever did they get that much lift?"
Oh I went with Angel hair and requested al dente, thanks for noticing!'
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:

I've seen this comedy routine and it is hack. Cats don't eat babies or sleeping tots. House Cats, like horses, are domesticated and don't generally harm humans regardless of size.
If we were the size of mice we would have been unable to domestic them in the first place.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Strange Thoughts... (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL