The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Widows Gift. (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
A petite black box that holds a secret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2-ktwOtWcQ
Check out the video for a closer look.

Inside the aged dice provides answers to sitters questions, without sleight of hand.
Think of it like a magic eight ball from hell. Not only can it be repeated, but you control the answer.
The gimmick is discretely hidden in plain sight. The effect is nearly entirely self working.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Smile
clever!
and beautiful as usual.
Smile
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Cody, check your PMs and contact me asap....
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Very nice.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Liking it.....nice lil teaser vid cody 😊
Looking forward to more on it.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I will be making only 13 of these for Halloween, at $250.00 shipped.
They will include a signed numbered COA, and a key that will give you access to something special.
Shipping will begin in early September, so if you want one, email me at shin.13x@gmail.com with the subject THE WIDOW.
Don't miss your chance to get one of these before they're gone!
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
This looks kijke an incredible land crafted oiece from Stolz,

Not sure if the die are tipped and rolled from the box, or shaken within it for the reveal.

Either way, he has created another gift for our community.

Looking forward to the reviews.
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
Hmm
I sense a Viking influence
Used to a greater effect
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2018, KOTAH wrote:

Not sure if the die are tipped and rolled from the box, or shaken within it for the reveal.

?
the video is very clear. and shows ALL to those who see!
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
The YouTube video shows the box giving an answer of YES. How many other answers are possible?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
The Sponge said, '
the video is very clear. and shows ALL to those who see!'. He is right, but my failing eyesight did not see it clearly.

a SECOND LOOK REVEALED WHAT I had noy seen the first time

That chamges noyhing converning my praise of what Sroltz has created.

Kotah
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
After receiving the email this morning from Lebanon C about discontinuing Dead Arts Inc products, I’m curious about the real availability of this item and product support pre sale and after.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Thought you guys might like an update as to how things are going.
The boxes are almost finished, and are still on schedule to ship early September.

I am beginning to focus on more limited production runs for a few reasons.
First, artistically I am able to spend more time working making sure each item is perfect.
Second, it frees me up to ensure nobody ends up waiting for their item forever since I am building everything from scratch myself. I design everything by myself, I source the wood, rip it, piece together the boxes and hand gaff each dice individually.
It is a time consuming affair, and as such nearly impossible to do quickly with any quality.
I am also working to fill all past orders as I make the transition to these kinds of limited releases.

Regarding the workings of the Widow, there have been a few people message me with their guesses.
So far, almost everyone has been close but wrong (Gismologic is on the nose). The dice can easily produce two different manifestations in answer to Yes or No questions. At your command, the dice leap into either formation you want at will. Believe me when I say this is an incredibly easy effect and the method is self working. The video does show part of the solution, however for those who didn't pay close enough attention, the lid of the box is part of the method. This was influenced by several different effects, including Magic Wagons Perfect Dice Control and some good old Annemann.

There are still 7 available atm.

Also, that little bit "revealed" in the video escaped my observation even after shooting, editing and re-watching it over and over!

I've been pretty busy lately trying to get everything taken care of, so if anyone has any questions about anything I do try and answer my emails however if a day or so passes without a reply, don't worry, I will get to you as soon as I can.
Shin.13x@gmail.com
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Sounds like a great idea.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Just wanted to let everyone know, these are beginning to ship. I've sent the manual out to everyone who ordered a set, and you can expect tracking numbers shortly. If anyone would like a copy, there are still a couple left.

Also, there will only ever be 13 of these made. I will not be making another wave in the future. This is your last chance!
olivers2
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of olivers2
Don't believe Cody anything he writes. After 4 months of waiting finally I thought I received what I have ordered. But when I did open the package, it was the wrong item. I received the "Nightmares" instead of "Resurrection". I told him that I don't want the originally ordered item any more and that I will send him back the "Nightmares" and that I want to have my money back. His answer was that actually he has no money and that he cannot say when he is able to send me a refund. I just can warn you: Do not buy any stuff from Cody
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
This is so unfortunate - sorry to hear this happened to you and saddened to hear we have another troubled purveyor of Bizarre creations. I really hope Cody can sort this mess out.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
I fear I'm in the same situation here... Total let down and lies all over!
Smile Smile Smile
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
That is depressing to discover... Cody’s stuff has been so good, when it arrives... really hope he can get things in hand and make good on promises made...

Seth
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2018, Cleverpaws wrote:
After receiving the email this morning from Lebanon C about discontinuing Dead Arts Inc products, I’m curious about the real availability of this item and product support pre sale and after.

Didn’t anyone else get this email? Or did those who ordered choose to ignore the warning?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Widows Gift. (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL