The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mini Cube to Chocolate by Henry Harrius (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
30 minute video

0:00:00 - Trailer
0:01:55 - Introduction
0:02:50 - What You Receive
0:04:02 - Basic CTC
0:08:12 - Advanced CTC
0:13:54 - Showing all 6 Sides
0:17:14 - CTC in Spectator's Hands
0:20:57 - CTC x Mini RD Combo
0:23:57 - Additional Thoughts

You get two very different gimmmicks
3 cardboard cube boxes
3 sets of decals
and a bag of plastic candy to practice with

Video review coming this week! WOW! Can't wait to add this to my RD cube family!

Get yours at HOCUS-POCUS Monday August 20th
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
You shouldn't have mentioned the cardboard cube boxes and decals, David.

I think you just killed the sales potential.

$75 for cardboard boxes.

And the routine and research and development, of course.

That's what you're paying $75 for.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You get 2 gimmicked cubes as well Jack, one that twists. Precision made, of course.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
OK, that's better!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Here's the link
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Mini-......ius.html

Regards

Peter
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
226 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
This looks amazing!! Ordering it now!!
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Nice but I don't like ending up dirty. From the video, I suspect its just another s***l and there cheaper ways to produce stuff (Candy Factory).
None the less, beautiful handling by Harry but interest idea.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We now have this live on our website.

It's in stock ready to ship today https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ius.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Do you have to use the fake candy? Or will real candy work?
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Real candy will work... ANY item that fits in the space will... rocks...cotton balls...jello cube....anything...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Daston
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Daston
Did I read correctly under the CON section of Alex DLF's review ....you can produce "WEED"?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Daston wrote:
Did I read correctly under the CON section of Alex DLF's review ....you can produce "WEED"?

I believe that is what he said!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Daston wrote:

I believe that is what he said!

Whoops, I think this is a wrong translation ^^ I meant « Grass » which, in French, is the same word for « Weed » ! I’m not a native speaker and I got told a bad translation Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Actually, I have to edit this post.

I don't want any trouble.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Sophocles wrote:

Nice but I don't like ending up dirty. From the video, I suspect its just another s***l and there cheaper ways to produce stuff (Candy Factory).

Exactly my thoughts.

After the RD success, it SEEMS that Henry Harrius is just trying to make more money by releasing his, I will call it - a Prank Toy. Such a release, IMO, don't speak very high of a creator who gave us a very well thought out release in the form of RDs.

If one isn't too inclined towards having a twisting cube (only the top layer twists), then in that case I see no sense in spending $75 . . . at least I won't. Also since the Mini Cube to Chocolate props cannot be examined during any stage of the routine, one can always do the exact same routines (and much more) with a $11 child's prop.

This is the prop I am referring to - Rubik's Cube Cloning with Trick Cube by Fantasma Magic - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9567

Check it out and see it for yourself whether all the tricks (BTW one of the trick in CTC needs an RD prop) shown in the demo video of CTC can be done or not. Of course, you do need to do a very simple tinkering of the cubes so that it can be made to vanish easily.

That's just ME and MY thoughts. Back on topic please. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
The cube is so fake looking in the penguin link.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the interest and ill try my best to anwser all questions!

https://youtu.be/5ffdi6wgChU
Here is just one of the live performance. I only release things I believe in. The reactions from the audience tells me I am doing the right thing.

For the clean up, I casually placed the paper box into my pocket... and I'm clean. But my experience after hundreds of performances, they never look at your hand. Because it feels like watery stuffs suddenly appears on their palm, the attention is too strong on their palm. I have try not to force myself to “clean up” for one min and they didn't even ask for showing my hand.

My team and I tried so hard to improve an idea into a mature one, ready to perform anytime anywhere with no get ready... explore all methods to make it twistable, shows 6 sides...performs on spectator’s palm. Create the best sleight of hand for the trick. Make the cube looks 100% realistic (not even 99%). Only because this is something we believe in.

And the outcome is totally out of my expectation. This is now the perfect ending for any close up cube routines. I use it all the time in my gigs. Its to a point which I think its unfair to all tricks I am doing before that. You only bring a thing that is size like a mini cube... and the reactions is so explosive, you just can’t perform anything after that!

So hope this clear up some questions!

Cheers,
Henry
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Mine showed up today. I ordered it when it was first put up for pre-order on the RD FB page at a discounted price.
Haven’t had a chance to watch the videos yet but the props themselves look very nice.
I’m hoping to use this as an ending to the mini cube routine I currently do.

I agree with Ustaad that if you were to buy these items in a toy store they'd probably only cost a couple dollars. But that’s not all we are paying for is it?
Besides, to have anything custom produced on such a small scale is much more costly.

I disagree with Ustaad that Henry has released a poor product just to make money off of it. That seems like a very hasty judgement from Ustaad which honestly surprised me. To compare this effect and props to a cheap magic toy is both inaccurate and unfair IMO.
You can tell from the FB group that Henry is someone who has tremendous respect for the art and takes it very seriously. I highly doubt that he would sell out just to make a quick buck. Not to mention that this trick was a standout amongst all the new and great effects at the recent FISM.

Too soon to tell if this will be something I definitely get a lot of use out of but I’m very pleased with it so far. The props themselves are very clever and look to be extremely well made, and I love the inclusion of the fake candy!

It's certainly not for everyone but then what is, right?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2018, randyburtis wrote:
The cube is so fake looking in the penguin link.

You need to go to spec-savers. It looks incredibly real. If you think for one minute Henry would release garbage to the magic community then you’d be very wrong. Can’t wait to get this.
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
Pegasus,

I think he is refering to the rubik’s cube dice box magic set from the penguin link, not talking about CTC. Smile

Henry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mini Cube to Chocolate by Henry Harrius (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL