The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Money print inquiry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrincognito
View Profile
New user
Finland
1 Post

Profile of mrincognito
In 1960´s I think that Richard Himber invented money printing with printing plates. The effect was named Porta-Copier. There was a Himbers trick named Cash On Demand also. Is there any diffirence between those versions?

Do you know was it Richard Himbers invention or someone else?

Magic Hands made those also 1980´s but their name for the effect was unknown. any Idea?
Magic Hands made those in German Marks, Swedish Crowns, UK Pounds but also Finnish Marks.

Do you know any other manufacturers? Is that still available somewhere?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The metal plates version is not available anywhere to my knowledge. I had a friend that obtained an American bill version of plates in the 1980's. The last version I seen was by Paul Diamond, and they were just cardboard silver coated. Nicely done, but not very realistic.

As far as I know, Richard Himber invented all his items he sold, most were made out of real gold, as far as the rings, and pencils.

I found the problem with the effect was, that it had to be reset for every performance, and that took some time. Not very practical for today's style of magic performances. Thus it was more of collector's item then a good workable prop.

The metal plates were paper thin, and were etched and looked really good, thus they were always very expensive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Money print inquiry (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL