The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » My new Magic Chest (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2018, Wravyn wrote:
Servant, great find... What are your plans for it?

I plan to store my props in it, and if I do a show, I'll set it up for the gig. I'd love to open it and have smoke come pouring out, but not sure if I can rig it properly or not.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2018, Cleverpaws wrote:
Thanks guys! I wasn't sure if I should post something that wasn't magic related, but I guess it's ok.
Now back to the original trunk servant posted: The photo looks like it may have had a metal latch next to each strap? And is the green or what looks green in the photo, metal or painted canvas?

The only latch is in the middle. The leather straps have belt buckles to hold them shut. The latch in the middle is broken, and the lock itself is broken.

The chest itself is made of brass. It's really quite beautiful. The top also has some thin wood that runs across it.

I'll try to find a way to upload some better photos. I couldn't figure out how to do it here.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
You can see my reddit post here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Antiques/commen......this_be/

It has better photos.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Brettunsvillage has a lock that looks very similar for $10. If so you could take just the upper section of your old lock off and replace it with the new one.
I think the trunk is newer than one might hope, due to the wood strips being plywood rather than solid wood. However the fact that it has brass exterior makes it more unique and a great find.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » My new Magic Chest (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL