The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 39 Steps Additions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jackramos1031
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of jackramos1031
Thanks to this forum, I have found the graet 39 steps. Just trying to spur on recommendations, but what would you add to this exclusive list. Judging by my previous post, one would be Scott Creasey's newest release.
Ironjim
View Profile
New user
Northern Ca
50 Posts

Profile of Ironjim
In the 39 Step to Mentalism - Mr. Cassidy left off all of his works. I just found an old copy of Art of Mentalism I, and I'm sure some of his books could be added.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Much of what is on 39 Steps represents the culmination of a career in performing by the author. I would tend to leave off almost anything that doesn't represent at least 20 years of experience, just as a rule. I would add both Artful Mentalism books.

-Patrick
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
39 is 13 times 3. Mr. Cassidy's recommendations were meant not only to honor Corinda 3 fold but as way of saying that even when you think you know something, there is more to learn. I think that subtlety is missed by many? At least that's what I got from much of the subtext of his writings.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
I am still working my way through the original 39 steps, very comprehensive list but some of the books have not been in print for years and the second hand market is very expensive, great list all the same. I also second the opinion that The artful mentalism volumes should be included as mandatory reading.
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
I would add Ben Cummings Conversations with mind readers series.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 39 Steps Additions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL