The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Powerball 60 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marlinj
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Marlinj
I know this effect has been out there for a while, but I am still not able to find any actual full performance demo videos, just unhelpful marketing videos that jump around from one scene to another, showing audience response and someone hyping the effect. I am interested but have a few questions.
Just from basic description of the trick, I'm assuming this is based on the old Number Mystery effect that sold in almost every magic kit when I was growing up, but the ad discription states the audience only needs to tell you HOW MANY of the cards are winning cards. I'm thinking this is a bit deceptive, and that it's more likely they need to tell you WHICH ONES contain the winning number, and this is also most likely why they never put out an actual performance video.
If this is true, Isn't it pretty obvious to most spectators that it's just a mathematical trick like so many other versions of this effect where they have to tell you which of YOUR OWN CARDS contain the winning numbers? I would think most people would assume you have the card memorized, whereas, in reality, it's actually MUCH SIMPLER, lol. But I would think that is what most would assume, or that it is somehow or other just a mathematical trick, and write it off as that even if they don't know the EXACT method.

Secondly: If, given the above assumptions, most performers still find this to baffle most spectators, (hard to imagine), I'm still interested in giving this a try, but can this effect still be purchased in a US version? I have searched and can only find the UK versions for sale, even here in the states. Doesn't that kind of ruin the effect a bit when I'm carrying UK lotto cards in my wallet???????
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1398 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Hello MarlinJ.

This effect is available through Amazon and it is in US format. It does play out well. Before you purchase it, you might want to check out these reviews on the magic Café.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=5 Just cut and paste this into your browser.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Powerball 60 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL