We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Is this a camera trick? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dj
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of dj
will lane
View Profile
New user
Will likes to post so he has made
72 Posts

Profile of will lane
Possibly. I was looking into some Matrix routines yesterday and came across Zero Matrix. From reading reviews, it seems like the gimmick isn't practical for live, close-up use but works well for stage/video magic, like the video you've listed. The routine seems very similar.
Markus_M
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Markus_M
I don't see anything indicating, that this is doctored.

Greetings,
Markus
dj
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of dj
Personally, I think that's not a camera trick, because Mario Lopez performs this little routine.
His routines always look like camera tricks.
Nevertheless, I ask what you mean?
Camera trick or not?

Darko
will lane
View Profile
New user
Will likes to post so he has made
72 Posts

Profile of will lane
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2018, dj wrote:
Personally, I think that's not a camera trick, because Mario Lopez performs this little routine.
His routines always look like camera tricks).
I still ask what you mean.

http://magicreviewed.com/reviews/zero-matrix-by-jay-review/

I'm guessing it is a similar principle. Maybe. Not sure. I haven't bought Zero Matrix so I couldn't tell your for sure. I think it is not a camera trick, but a stage magic effect brought down to close-up size.
Markus_M
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Markus_M
Ok, my other hobby besides magic is 3D-CG and VFX. If there would have been something cut, you wouldnt get that smooth motion. Greenscreening/rotoscoping the coins would leave artifacts at this low quality footage. The coins themselves could be CGI-Models but that would be overkill for a magic related post. That would appear on VFX sites. Although then it isn't that much of an impressive work.
Also I have a shimmer about how this could be done. And it wouldn't be that hard at all.
Therefore I am convinced, that it is 'genuine' magic.

Have fun,
Markus
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of daniel116
Markus you're obviously not up to date with Instagram magciains if you think there has to be a visible cut in a worked-video
Markus_M
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Markus_M
I didn't say, the cut would be visible. What I meant was that the motion is to complex to not make a detectable failure in continuation.
But if you saw one, I'm always eager to learn...

But you'r right that I'm not up to date with Instagram magicians. There's already enough 'digitality' in my life.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Mario had done other effects that look like it was a camera trick and then released the effect.
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of daniel116
I didn't mean that I was able to spot something that you weren't, what I meant is that there are a lot of Instagram magicians nowadays doing very simple tricks that are catching the followers, but are actually video edits, and not sleight of hand.
Markus_M
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Markus_M
Yeah, thought so. I just asked to be sure. You know, in the past I saw some of those vids and they where pretty obvious to me. That's why I don't care for Instagram or things like that.
I don't need all this 'follow my clickbait' b*#€s+&t.

Have nice day,
Markus
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of daniel116
Yeah but there are actually some really talented legit magicians on there as well, I'm following some card guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Is this a camera trick? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL