The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ESCALATORS by Peter Turner (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
AnthemFlint
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of AnthemFlint
Hey Folks,

I've just spent the morning devouring Peters newest release, Escalators. It's no secret that I'm a fan of Peter's work, as are many of us. Without a doubt, I think there is material in here that a lot of mentalists who haven't performed Peter's material in the past will love and feel comfortable performing. The material discussed in this release is all very practical, but leaves room to be bold which makes it an excellent resource for any performer that is looking to add more bold and intuitive work into their performances.

A few of the effects that have really stood out are...

Trilogy- Opening up Escalators on this effect sets the tone for the hard hitting, devastatingly fooling effects that are to come. A combination of a prediction and telepathy, it hits home in all the right ways. My partner Aria is dying to perform this piece herself and she is a beginner. Very simple, Very direct. We love it!

Duped- I love when an old method that most of us dismiss is brought back with a vengeance. This is as clean as it gets!

Out of my Mind- I work as The Empowertainers, I'm all about giving power to my spectator. This is one of the Finest Out of this worlds I've ever seen, and the power it gives your participant is groundbreaking. During the performance my jaw dropped and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Upon learning it, I've decided it will be going into a parlor set in the near future!

Knowledge- Your favorite gag made into a hard hitting piece of mentalism where nothing is written by the spectator and yet two words are pulled from their mind effortlessly. If you like when the words you say are the method, you'll love this!

Q & A- I think anyone who knows me would agree that Q & A is not only my greatest passion, but it is something I try to educate myself about constantly. Not only does this use some of the sneakiest techniques used by masters of Q & A, but it uses something I've never seen used in any Q & A style routine. This is one of the best close-up/parlor Q & A's out there. It uses written and unwritten questions, allows plenty of room for intuitive work, but also guarantees earth shattering hits and a finale that Q & A often lacks!

There are several other effects that are great as well, these are just the one's I know I'll be doing.

Thank you Peter for you constant drive to push the envelope and help our art expand!

Cheers,
Anthem Flint
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Are you able to click through to A Blind Coincidence Explanation 2? My link appears to be broken.
The_March_Hare
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of The_March_Hare
I absolutely loved Devil in Disguise 2 but if you want me to be completely honest, with this one Peter managed to push his legendary career past that by a long-shot. All of this material is solid and by solid I mean that every piece is direct and streamlined, and will get the best reactions imaginable.

Peter's Q And A is done close-up and unlike the version of Jinxed, this one has multiple questions and answers in play. It hits so well and his ability to read people is so next level. This one gets a 10/10 from me.

Peter's version of OOTW called Out of My Mind is sure to get people talking because there is no need to do anything sneaky in the off beat like other versions and instead after they are seperated by the participant you can show them seperated as individual piles with no switches of any kind. Again 10/10 from me.

My favorite routine on the project is knowledge where Peter has a conversation with someone completely silent on the participant's part and divines a randomly thought of word along the way. I often hear mentalists argue about whether you should ask someone if they are done doing an action when your back is turned because after all you are a mind reader. Peter does much better, he has an entire conversation with them all answering in their head followed by divining the word.

There are less routines than Devil in Disguise 2 but they are so *** potent that I think that this project should cost more than that did. I am not saying that the Devil in Disguise 2 was not good, just that this project is going to be difficult for any release in the past two years to beat. Isolation by Michael Murray, Book of Angels by Fraser Parker, New York Notes by Peter, Isabella's star 3 by Peter, Positive/Negative by Robert Watkins are all great releases in the past few years but Escalators is my favorite of them all.

People often get mad at me when I am critical of mentalism releases, but I am completely honest about how I feel. This particular one I absolutely love and one of the additional reasons is that 80%-90% of the material you can go out and perform in a moments notice with absolutely zero memorization or knacky moves to worry about.

This project should have been released as a limited edition book with download of video content, limited to 100 individually numbered copies. If Peter had asked me, I would have said limited edition book with additional video content and I would have sold the books for $200-$300 each. Peter is not me so he is selling it for a reduced price of about $80.

Escalators gets my highest recommendation to date 110%. And for the record I paid full price for this release and preordered it a while ago.

Cheers
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Same question to you the March Hare. Are you able to click through to A Blind Coincidence Explanation 2? My link appears to be broken.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Same question to you the March Hare. Are you able to click through to A Blind Coincidence Explanation 2? My link appears to be broken.

Yes the link is incomplete. I have contacted the place that I purchased from and haven't heard back yet.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Thanks for confirming tmoca. I have done the same.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Thanks for confirming tmoca. I have done the same.

It’s being sorted now - thanks for letting me know Smile x
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Thanks Peter. Smile
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Profile of cybercardmagic
Hello is Escalators now available? I have not received any info and a link to download so far.
Wolfgang
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
I received an email with a download link today.
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

O.K. than I will wait. Maybe it’s in progress. Thank you for sharing it with me.
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Hi guys, the issue with the link is being sorted as we speak.

Thanks for being patient!

Tom
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Thanks Tom.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
The pdf is updated -

:)

Wolf email me please! X
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Hi Peter, got the link 15 min. ago. So everything is o.k.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, Peter_turner wrote:
The pdf is updated -

Wolf email me please! X

Thanks Peter, the video for A Blind Coincidence Explanation 2 is exactly the same as A Blind Coincidence Explanation 1. I'm not sure that's right is it?
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, Peter_turner wrote:
The pdf is updated -

Wolf email me please! X

Thanks Peter, the video for A Blind Coincidence Explanation 2 is exactly the same as A Blind Coincidence Explanation 1. I'm not sure that's right is it?

I can confirm that is the case....same video, although the links are different.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Thanks, I’m sure Peter will sort it. The new material is phenomenal.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Thanks, I’m sure Peter will sort it. The new material is phenomenal.

I have no doubt he will. Smile
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Have you watched his version of OOTW yet? It’s brilliant. I’ve used Armstrong’s and Harris’ in the past. This beats them both.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ESCALATORS by Peter Turner (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL