The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Calling all you older kats (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
710 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
As usual Im not sure where to post this. It does include a packet trick so I will start here in this forum.

I have an instructional for about 6 tricks on 2 smaller sheets of paper. This is made of a small paper folder (thick) about 6or 7" X 4" w/ 2 small shhets of typed paper instructions inside. It is # 10 out of a series of 12. It is called Mind over Matter, "Card secrets" copyright 1944. Charles M Bedford. it is more of a mentalism packet of instructions for card effects. any info is appreciated. I can send a pic if needed. I figured you older kats might know or have sum info on this. Would love to hear it. Thankx. db
Pseudolus
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Pseudolus
Charles M. Bedford was the author of a seventeen page book entitled "101 Magic Tricks Anyone Can Do". He also authored this series of twelve "Card Secrets".
http://vintagemagician.blogspot.com/2010......ing.html

As for their value, a complete set of twelve sold last year for $74.
https://www.bidsquare.com/online-auction......s-847846
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
710 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Thank you! Great link! Im thinkin'bout' framing it now. 🙂. Im ****ed that I had another one and might have thrown it out! Thank you for your help. 👍.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
219 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
If memory serves, Bedford also had a hand in the construction of the S S Adams "Radar Pencil" effect. I seem to remember that the early instructions had a credit to that effect.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
219 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
I found the instruction sheet I was looking for.
Adams gives credit as follows:

"This pencil is invented by C. M. Bedford--Patent is pending."

(Interesting factoid: Nelson sold this in his catalogs as Item #515.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Calling all you older kats (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL