The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » MY FIRST MAGIC TRICK (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicPresident
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of MagicPresident
When I was 8, my neighbor taught me my first trick and I was hooked.
I'm trying to remember the effect and could use some help.
1. The sleight involved the bottom glide.
2. A chosen card is positioned second from the bottom(how I don't remember). A group of say 16 cards
is selected to proceed.
3. The spectator is asked to view the bottom card to ID if it is his/her card.
4. Using the glide, their card is tabled and the real bottom card is set aside.
5. This process continues until the quantity of cards is halved as their card never appears
to be in the magicians hand.
6. The conclusion comes when there are only 2 cards on the table. They are shown, and 1 of them is
the chosen card. Previously not viewed.

Can anyone help me fill in the gaps in my memory or put me on to a source for my introduction to magic?

Thanks
MAGIC HAPPENS !
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, MagicPresident wrote:
When I was 8, my neighbor taught me my first trick and I was hooked.
I'm trying to remember the effect and could use some help.
1. The sleight involved the bottom glide.
2. A chosen card is positioned second from the bottom(how I don't remember). A group of say 16 cards
is selected to proceed.
3. The spectator is asked to view the bottom card to ID if it is his/her card.
4. Using the glide, their card is tabled and the real bottom card is set aside.
5. This process continues until the quantity of cards is halved as their card never appears
to be in the magicians hand.
6. The conclusion comes when there are only 2 cards on the table. They are shown, and 1 of them is
the chosen card. Previously not viewed.

Can anyone help me fill in the gaps in my memory or put me on to a source for my introduction to magic?

Thanks

Hi MagicPresident,

Reading your question I would advise you to read it again because the whole method is pretty much there. Smile But, I will teach you how to control the card to second from bottom. Please PM me and we'll get you on track completely. Smile

Best,
Vlad

PS: I see that you wrote this is an introduction to magic for you. Please do PM me. I love helping newcomers to the art and I have an idea or two to spice up that routine.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
This is one of a handful of tricks that non-magician's show me. They almost always use the glide numerous times in order to "prove" what the first glide already showed. They then go on to do a terrible version of equivoke to get to the chosen card.

If you do relearn this trick I would advise you to quickly move on to something better and less known.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, MeetMagicMike wrote:
This is one of a handful of tricks that non-magician's show me. They almost always use the glide numerous times in order to "prove" what the first glide already showed. They then go on to do a terrible version of equivoke to get to the chosen card.

If you do relearn this trick I would advise you to quickly move on to something better and less known.

Which is why I would like him to message me. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » MY FIRST MAGIC TRICK (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL