The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alakazam Academy :: A Two Day Intensive Course On Bizarre Magic (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
If you thought the first ‘Taboos’ was scary… wait until you see what we have in store this year!

Following the huge success of the 2017 Alakazam Academy course, ‘Tackling Terrifying Taboos', we are back with Taboos 2 a two day Academy course. Bigger, scarier and with more jumps than ever before!

Building and expanding on what was taught in the first course, we will re-visit the things from last year with added idea’s and developments.

Following on, we are going to delve into the history books and look at some texts and teachings from years gone past. Make books fall from shelves, watch as a newspaper strangely and mysteriously folds on its own accord and discover how vaudeville performers would conduct dark séances and use Ouija boards to contact the dead.

We will discuss ‘spirit theatre’ and setting the scene. Even in a close up situation, it is easy to set the mood if you know how.

From hypnotic language to theatrical suspense, we will teach you all you need to know to perform bizarre magic!

In the prop section, we’ll be showing you how to age props and the techniques I have used to create some of the props I make. Tarnishing metal, creating cracked watch faces and creating realistic aged newspaper articles, we will even show you how to make an interesting self-ringing spirit bell! And let’s not forget the doll!

Throughout we will have tons of fully formed routines and effects from the well-known and much loved Dark Series, to some new creations in which you allow your spectators to actually summon spirits and provide evidence, let your spectators see through the eyes of a deceased victim and even make clowns appear in a photo from a borrowed phone. I will even cover, in depth for the first time, my handling of PK Touches and discuss PK effects in general. With brand new, never before seen effects, your spectators will be gathering around to hear your dark tales!

So if you have ever wanted to explore the dark side of magic and wanted a comprehensive look into bizarre magic, this year’s two day Tackling Terrifying Taboos will have you hooked on horror!

Don't forget that you get it cheaper at the early bird price! Last year was so much fun and you can read some of the reviews from last years course:

"Really enjoyed this one!! I always thought bizarre magic was not that practical or entertaining... boy, Jamie nailed that one for me! All the material I want to go and perform. Great advice, great chat and impeccably produced by Alakazam. This really is the best format for learning". - Richard Groom

"There is just so much information!! Jamie is a very engaging teacher and Dave asks the questions that everyone is thinking, a much underestimated skill!! I love the idea of a dark slant on established routines. My creative juices are really engaged. The logistics of the coarse are fantastic. Production values are superb. I cannot recommend this enough. Don't miss out !!!!" - Steve Black

"I won't make this long but will tell you that if you want to learn how to create incredible 'props' and put them into an 'awesome story'.. you WILL learn some of the most important information in magic.. and a hint.. it's not about a difficult 'move' ... whao, it put so much into light for me. THANK YOU, Jamie for such VALUABLE info that we all can take and USE moving forward! Pure GOLD!" - Mark Call

This year it will be bigger, better with tons more content and even more focused! As always if anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them!

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Tackl......ber.html

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
professortango
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of professortango
That sounds like a blast, wish I could attend!
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Signed up for this, really looking forward to it!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2018, professortango wrote:
That sounds like a blast, wish I could attend!

I understand if you sign up and can't attend the course you can download it after the course. I hope I am correct on this.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
I understand that's correct. You can watch it live and ask questions etc via chat, or you can download and watch it afterwards.
Penduluminary
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Penduluminary
Really looking forward to this.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Jamie,

I just want to make sure that if you can't attend (which I can't) then it can be downloaded afterwards.
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
I verified via email to Alakazam that this is downloadable for those who cannot attend or watch in real-time.
Dave
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The course can indeed be downloaded afterwards! Smile Usually the day afterwards in fact! It gets automatically saved into your account Smile

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Joining you again this year Jamie as I loved last years Terrifing Taboo's !! I also love the fact that if I can't make it live that I can download & watch it later.
Ralis
View Profile
New user
Horrorwood
81 Posts

Profile of Ralis
Is it necessary to have attended last year for the course information in order to understand and follow this years course?
I won't just scare you
I'll F@#$ you up for life!
Ralis
www.ralisfx.com
www.deadbyday.com
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I know pt 2 is touching on last year but diving into deeper layers & more info. I would think that you would have a better understanding of pt2 if you have last years course, but a best asked question for Jamie or shoot alakazam the Q......
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Ill se you there Merlin! Smile

Ralis, not at all! I'll be covering most of last years material but I am exploring far more this year. From Dark Seances and Dark Seance effects, to large theatrical props like haunted mirrors and how to make cheap but highly effective spirit slates. Theory, we'll be talking about acting advice, building characters for your stories, making them believable etc. We'll even be covering aging props more in depth and ive got some really cool gizmos to show you this year that I know everyone will love! All in all, I think I'm teaching double the amount of effects as last year and discussing even more sub- genres of bizarre magic!

In the theory sections, we will be covering writing convincing and compelling horror stories and how to make them believable. Creating a historical timeline for your characters to allow you to elaborate on certain aspects of the story. Foreshadowing, a common technique used in film and how it can be effective in spirit routines!

Prop building, we will discuss a ton of items from how to how to design and age newspapers, to wooden boxes, dolls, pocket watches and even a very creepy Bloody Mary Mirror. You'll even learn how to make a chalk board version of Moz's and Alakazam brilliant Decisions cards, chalk board slates and even wood!

In the effects section, I have devised a small 20 minute act which utilises several effects to create a simple but effective routine. This will help with routining and creating a spook show. We have effects with photos, coins, newspapers, boxes and I will even be showing the worlds first bizarre social media effect. I will also be covering everything you need to know about performing PK touches in the real world and answering any questions, doubts or fears you may have. For the first time I will be teaching a brand new PK Touches effect that has never been done before that I use at every table every time I perform PK Touches and it causes everyone to freak.

There will be discussions about candles, the ideomotor response, ouija boards (a very clever one at that!), how far you can take bizarre magic and any other questions you may have! I hope this to be one of the most in depth modern bizarre teachings!

As always, if you can attend live, it creates a brilliant dynamic in which you can answer questions and hopefully help everyone out in the process!

It should be a fantastic evening and I hope you can make it! Smile

I hope to see you there guys! Smile

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
I'm running a day behind due to work shift timings and have only just finished watching the first day's course yet, I still have tonight's instalment to watch. But already it has been priceless. There is so much practical material and effects packed in, advice on presentation, even discussion of how to speak in such a manner as to draw people in.

The first day's video is almost four hours long and has been worth far more than the price of admission. I'll keep referring back to this for a long time to come. Really looking forward to catching up with day 2 tomorrow.

If there's a Taboos 3, I'll be signed up without any hesitation. I'd have paid the price for 'The Chased' alone.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Missed yesterdays live as I jumped on too late ( forgot time difference ) & just finish watching todays live & enjoyed it ! I'll hopefully can watch yesterdays pt 1 fri & get all caught up. Yes Jamie does Taboos 3 next Oct I'll be there !!
Very fun & well done Jamie !!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Happy Halloween everyone and thank you to everyone who has purchased the Academy!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Thank you for making this downloadable!
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alakazam Academy :: A Two Day Intensive Course On Bizarre Magic (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL