The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Voodoo Ash: !@#$e or Selection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
I am looking to do the Voodoo Ash card effect in a close-up routine. I am curious about your opinions on either using a !@#$e or a free selection. To me, the first option is a lot cleaner and less suspicious in the middle of the effect. The second option is a lot cleaner and less suspicious in the beginning of the effect. The patter would need to change I think depending upon what you did.

For the first option, you could make a prediction before the effect even starts and/or write "your card is the..." and have the spectator finish it. I think having the spectator write the card in the prediction is important as it helps to solidify why the ashes end up doing what they do. Further, there is no 180 degrees movement happening.

The second option requires the spec to write the card in the paper while the 180 degrees thing happens. To me doing this doesn't really make sense and is kind of suspicious, moreso than I think a !@#$e is.

What do you think?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Voodoo Ash: !@#$e or Selection (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL