The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gerry McCambridge Live Act 14 October 2018 (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
This looks fantastic! Gerry's book on the Q&A act is wonderful. Now he's teaching his Q&A act via video lecture.

"Gerry McCambridge is one of the world's most successful mystery performers. His unique Q&A eminently qualifies him to author a definitive guide." -Ross Johnson

What will he teach?
Most professional mentalists agree, the strongest routine you can perform in a mentalism show is the Question and Answer (the Q & A) act. You seemingly use your abilities to not only read an audience members mind and figure out what their questions are, you also answer the question for them.

Gerry McCambridge has been performing his unique blindfolded Q&A act for over 30 years. He has performed it over 5,000 times on the largest stages in the world, making him by far one of the most experienced mentalists to teach a master class on the topic.

If you always wanted to add the Q&A act to your show, this act teaches you everything you need to know. It starts at the beginning, first teaching you the technique to properly blindfold yourself. Next it gives you the step-by-step practice routines Gerry used to master his act. The routines teach you audience management skills and the ability to feed back the secretly acquired information to the audience, making it seem as if you are figuring things out that were never written down.

You will learn:

How to Acquire the Information
Make Leap of Faith Guesses
Dilute Your Misses
Use the Dual Reality
Use Cancelling Methods
How to Blindfold Yourself
And Much More!

Who is he?

Gerry has been a Las Vegas headliner for over 13 years. He was voted the "Best Magic Show" in Las Vegas by the Las Vegas Review Journal readers poll. Gerry is a recipient of the Psychic Entertainers Association "Dunninger Memorial Award" for Excellence in the Performance of Mentalism, as well as the "Dan Blackwood Award" for Outstanding Contributions to the Art of Mentalism. Gerry was also awarded "Mentalist of the Year" in 2008 by the International Magicians Society, as well as "Mentalist of the Decade" in 1999.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10911
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
This will be awesome! I hope we can also see Ross Johnson's Q&A act
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Just noticed the 25% price increase on individual Live Act lectures if out of pre-order window. Whilst I'm not a subscriber, I have around 100 Penguin lectures and at 30usd they were pretty much impulse buys, but 40 is too rich for me - going to be a lot more picky in the future.

This does look good though.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
If you haven't seen Gerry's show in Vegas and get a chance to, you are in for a real treat. His show is outstanding. A fun, mysterious, highly entertaining performance that has obviously been developed, refined and perfected over thirty years and thousands of shows.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Gerry is the consummate pro - he knows Q&A better than almost anyone. His book is superb.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Gerry is the consummate pro - he knows Q&A better than almost anyone. His book is superb.

+1. A Super-Pro.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2018, drawfull wrote:
Just noticed the 25% price increase on individual Live Act lectures if out of pre-order window. Whilst I'm not a subscriber, I have around 100 Penguin lectures and at 30usd they were pretty much impulse buys, but 40 is too rich for me - going to be a lot more picky in the future.

This does look good though.

Subscription price is still $50/month. If you see a lecture you want coming up, subscribe and get 4 (or 5 if you time it right) for $50, then cancel.

Upcoming:

September 30th: Anthony Owen
October 7th: Johnny Thompson, Rick Maue & Paul Vigil
October 14th: Gerry McCambridge
October 21st: Morgan and West

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3104
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Well, well. I thought it was more than that. More fool me!

Thanks for the tip Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
One more day until Gerry McCambridge Live Act!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Gerry McCambridge is not a new comer, for those that don't recognize his name. He has been a Mentalist for over 40 years. He is a New York entertainer. I am sure his material is very valuable to those that which to perform on stage, and be a strong mentalist.
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
If I purchased his book would I be getting new material from this lecture?
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Looking forward to it.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10911
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Surprised no one is discussing their thoughts in this and how it went. Gerry did great, but was a but was a bit disappointed again in Harlan. Thoughts?
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Why disappointed in Harlan?
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
"Sweetheart"? Did he call that woman sweetheart? Wow. With all due respect, he's no Bob Cassidy.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, Nevets wrote:

Because he talks way too much and adds. his 2 cents every chance he gets. He does this all the time and it's quite frustrating for me as I didn't pay to listen from him.. I really wish he didn't host the lectures.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, Nevets wrote:

Because he talks way too much and adds. his 2 cents every chance he gets. He does this all the time and it's quite frustrating for me as I didn't pay to listen from him.. I really wish he didn't host the lectures.

Is this the same person who did the Cassidy lecture? He was insufferable!
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I'll take Harlan's interjections over Gregory Wilson any day. Now that's a lecture you can hardly sit through (one where Gregory is hosting).

I enjoyed this particular lecture, you can tell Gerry is the go-to guy for practical Q&A.

Oscar
Elman1
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Elman1
This is on my wishlist, so haven't seen yet but just wanted to say I own a number of penguin lectures and really like Dan Harlans presentation. In fact I've seen some lectures where frankly Dan Harlan was the only entertaining part of it.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Honestly although I don’t enjoy his jokes and the way he laughs at them I find Dan a good host. I think he asks questions that clarify the issues for guys who are not always used to giving lecture.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gerry McCambridge Live Act 14 October 2018 (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL