The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Unexpected problem with moisturizer. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I've been doing magic and twisting balloon for many years. Over time my hands became dry and it was problem with sleight of hand. I found a moisturizer that realle helps (Amlactin).

The problem is when I use it balloon twisting becomes very loud and squeaky. To the point where I'm worried about annoying diners.

Not sure how to handle this. Anyone have similar issues?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
alergy
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
25 Posts

Profile of alergy
Not experienced this yet..

I have used cotton gloves, this mitigates squeeking significantly
When you stretch your inflated balloons, I sometimes wrap the balloon in a small flap of material
Apron, t-shirt etc
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I worked the restaurant tonight without using moisturizer and they were as quiet as usual.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Bangsplat
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Bangsplat
I have a question about the Amlactin - does it make your fingers sticky, and how do you find the smell? (The smell is the biggest complaint on Amazon.)

My hands are so chronically dry that I have real trouble handling cards. And I have lots of allergies which prevent me from using many moisturizers. I've found Cetaphil works for me but after a while it gets the cards sticky and I have a whole different problem. So I'm looking for an alternative.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Unexpected problem with moisturizer. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL