The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mini Ice Age on the way? NASA (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, Mr Salk wrote:

That's external conservative-dialogue. The internal dialogue is: "Reducing the man-made causes of climate change will likely decrease my profit-margin. Also, HA HA look at those snowflakes cry!"

Yup!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Either of you ever bother to talk with someone who disagrees with you as opposed to being arrogant and condescending and preaching at them? Ever take the time to get to know them and maybe find out what they really think instead of assigning bs?

Naahhh what am I saying? That was dumb idea sorry. Keep hating.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Either of you ever bother to talk with someone who disagrees with you as opposed to being arrogant and condescending and preaching at them? Ever take the time to get to know them and maybe find out what they really think instead of assigning bs?

As a serious libtard I do make an effort. It's often difficult because I have no morals.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea nice try. You can choose to wallow in that all you like but at the end of the day it really is the problem. The idea that others who disagree are stupid and evil not just Americans with different opinions is very harmful and we see the results of that line of thinking every day.

No one side has a monopoly on this by the way. It is pretty universally bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Danny, have you seen anyone cursing Prometheus or taking out their anger on an oil lamp? Just hot air streaming, no dialectic, no rhetoric.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Danny, have you seen anyone cursing Prometheus or taking out their anger on an oil lamp? Just hot air streaming, no dialectic, no rhetoric.

There is no point in discussions between people who KNOW the other is Wicked or a Rube.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well Yea that is kind of the point I'm making. I think ideas need to be discussed not argued.

I think political rancor by both parties has been ratcheted up way too high. It was a call to energize the base and now it is out of control.

A mid term where one party is trying to scare everyone into "imagine what you lose if THEY take power" as the centrepiece of their "message" is just such a bad sign.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
Well Yea that is kind of the point I'm making. I think ideas need to be discussed not argued.

I think political rancor by both parties has been ratcheted up way too high. It was a call to energize the base and now it is out of control.

A mid term where one party is trying to scare everyone into "imagine what you lose if THEY take power" as the centrepiece of their "message" is just such a bad sign.

There is no point; we're demonized. Nobody discusses with demons. At best you can try to save our souls.

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

In this case the question is not about imagined afterlife but actual habitat for ones kin.
It's all about being right while not discussing the warrant for claim of rights.
D(a)emons ? ps -A |grep refinery ( <-- joke about sifting through lots of activities to find the profiteers or haters. )
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:

I don’t hate anybody for not believing in GW or dismissing it as “a natural cycle.”

I save my hatred for racists, bigots and misanthropes.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Good plan. Be no better than them. Lets just keep piling that up and see how it all works out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:

I don’t hate anybody for not believing in GW or dismissing it as “a natural cycle.”

I save my hatred for racists, bigots and misanthropes.

Not murderers? Pedophiles?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Good plan. Be no better than them. Lets just keep piling that up and see how it all works out.

I’m sorry. Am I supposed to love people who hurt other people and deny them their rights? I don’t do what they do. I don’t work to have them oppressed ordehumanized based on who they are. But I can’t like them! All right?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ed you can hate whoever you like. Good plan more hate. Fight fire with fire and all that. (In spite of the fact that any firefighter will tell you in general water is a much more effective tool for that particular job.)

Somehow in your mind the solution to gun violence is less guns, and the solution to people who hate is even more hate. Again good plan.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Can we save bandwidth and stipulate nobody has changed their position?

It's getting colder here - rumor has it there will be a mini-ice age for a few months ... cyclical phenomenon called winter. Supposedly after that's done there will be global warming for a few months that happens so often it's called summer.

It's so much nicer when season changes are greeted with festivals rather than old-school apocalyptic hysteria drives.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Ed you can hate whoever you like. Good plan more hate. Fight fire with fire and all that. (In spite of the fact that any firefighter will tell you in general water is a much more effective tool for that particular job.)

Somehow in your mind the solution to gun violence is less guns, and the solution to people who hate is even more hate. Again good plan.

Good, pithy response.

All right. What’s YOUR solution to people who hate? What response do YOU recommend to people who beat minorities or pass laws to restrict their rights?

Incidentally, I have never said “less guns” was the answer. I have said that better educated gun owners is the answer. It might have helped at the birthday party in Texas that ended with four people dead! (Or maybe not, but at least it would be an attempt.)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My answer is certainly not hate. Actually it is the same as your alleged gun position. Education. It is hard for hate and racism to exist in an educated mind.

Which is my point about not demonizing other opinions. Educate them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
My answer is certainly not hate. Actually it is the same as your alleged gun position. Education. It is hard for hate and racism to exist in an educated mind.

Which is my point about not demonizing other opinions. Educate them.

Every great society in the history of man thrived because of slavery or slave-wages. The wealthy and educated-classes have always understood that cheap-labor is the surest route to profit.
If racism and degradation were required to subjugate the workforce, so be it. Profit above all.

The demonizing is not of opinions; it is of the people.
It is due to my lack of morals and brainwashing that I have my opinions.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Never mind. I must be crazy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
...I’m sorry. Am I supposed to love people who hurt other people and deny them their rights? I don’t do what they do. I don’t work to have them oppressed ordehumanized based on who they are. But I can’t like them! All right?

@Tom, Would you address this one? I can't paraphrase Matthew effectively and would wind up quoting that song from South Pacific. Tom?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mini Ice Age on the way? NASA (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL