The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mini Ice Age on the way? NASA (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Jesus says; “Love your enemies and forgive your persecutors.”

Loophole! They are not my enemies, nor am I being persecuted by them.

They are the ones who reject the parables of Matthew, and when the Son of Man comes in all his glory... they will find themselves counted with the goats.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I was more thinking along the lines of Martin Luther King Jr. than trying to find a bs loophole in an ancient text in order to not have to change my opinion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Martin Luther King was certainly a far better man than I will ever be.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea I was more thinking along the lines of Martin Luther King Jr. than trying to find a bs loophole in an ancient text in order to not have to change my opinion.

Jonathon brought up Matthew, not me.

So what IS your response to people who pass laws to restrict others civil rights? What IS your response to those who beat people protesting oppression? What IS your response to someone who drives cars into protestors, or for that matter, into crowds in general? What is your response to people who cruise the Village, looking for gay people to stomp? What is your response to those people who put bullets into the brains of three college kids in Mississippi or the old man on the cruise ship, or more recently, the reporter in the Embassy?

Don’t tell me, “not hate,” tell what your feelings towards these people, and those like them are!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How about the first thing you do Ed is LET GO of things that didn't happen to you, and happened before you were born. Not a bad way to start. You are CHOOSING to weigh down yourself with those things and use them to fuel the HATE you feel. Cool man if you want to live that way go ahead. I am not telling you to change a thing. But can't you see that it is just a bad spiral? You can justify it any way you choose. It is a free country. But in the end it makes you no better than those you so abhor. Then they use the hate you feel to justify the hate they feel and so on and so on. As I said maybe not a sustainable plan.

If you notice Ed the Dr. King response historically has garnered the most results.

Are those people terrible? ABSOLUTELY. NO question about it and I would never say a single thing to defend their position. But you want to for whatever reason pretend things have not gotten better.

So instead of fueling hate like you wish, why not just try to work on the system that is still drastically unfair to those you so wish to protect? More than a human problem I think we have a systemic problem. Change has rarely been accomplished in a meaningful way with hate.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr Salk
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
I thought this thread was for climate-change-deniers to school the tree-hugging libtards.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Can’t do it Danny. The only thing that has changed is the blatant law passing bigotry is gone and been replaced by a underground hatred.

Was it that long ago that they were hanging effigies of President Obama? Was it that long ago that a white man carried a gun into a Walmart and got arrested, whereas a black man carrying a bb rifle was gunned down?

I notice by the way, that while you pay lip service to how terrible these people were and are. You say nothing though about how they make you feel.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Did anyone hang effigies of a white president?

So your claim is that because there is a non zero number of problems there has been no improvement?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Things are less overt, so I guess in that respect things are better.

You’ve claimed that my hating haters makes me as bad as them, despite the fact that I have never advocated violence towards anyone.

In my opinion, by being able to look at this horrible evil, and not feeling the slightest twinge of hate toward the people who instigate it, makes you complacent. And, all evil needs to win, is for people to be complacent.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26795 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Ed, look at those who let the manipulations of others drive their beliefs and enable antisocial behavior. Used as tools. Don't be a trained hater.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:

You’ve claimed that my hating haters makes me as bad as them, despite the fact that I have never advocated violence towards anyone.

In my opinion, by being able to look at this horrible evil, and not feeling the slightest twinge of hate toward the people who instigate it, makes you complacent. And, all evil needs to win, is for people to be complacent.

Having a army of those who hate is also helpful. Way to join.

But since I believe you are going for a quote it is actually "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Check it out here Ed. https://www.google.com/amp/s/quoteinvest......-do/amp/

Please do not just make up things to suit yourself. Good men must do NOTHING, and that was not my proposal. All I said was not to hate. There is a vast number of responses possible between the two.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26795 Posts

Driving the discussion into a false dichotomy with straw men waiting to be schredded... waste of time and attention - not a bad maturity test though. The libitard can play the race card and the conseradictator can legislate family values.

Perhaps folks don't understand the idea of contamination? The actual consequences of bad apples in the barrel?

Until you own the memes - they're costing you.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

Having a army of those who hate is also helpful. Way to join.

But since I believe you are going for a quote it is actually "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Check it out here Ed. https://www.google.com/amp/s/quoteinvest......-do/amp/

Please do not just make up things to suit yourself. Good men must do NOTHING, and that was not my proposal. All I said was not to hate. There is a vast number of responses possible between the two.

Yes, I am paraphrasing the quote.

You have still not given me an answer to my question which was; what emotional response do YOU have to horrible people who actively work against the interests of people they disapprove of?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No you were not paraphrasing anything. You changed the meaning and got it wrong. HUGE difference.

Being complacent and doing nothing are not the same thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
And you still have not answered the question.

What is your emotional response to horrible people who oppress those they don’t approve of?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have answered. You just don't like the answer.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
No, you’ve said; “Don’t hate.” You haven’t told me what your response in the absence of hatred is!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26795 Posts

Quote:
...So what IS your response to people who ...
I don't willingly support their presence, associates, sponsors, businesses or causes.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
I don't willingly support their presence, associates, sponsors, businesses or causes.

Some of those small-minded bigots make a mean chicken-sandwich.

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26795 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, Mr Salk wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:

Some of those small-minded bigots make a mean chicken-sandwich.

I haven't been there. Or followed the story. Is the small-minded bigotry part of the business policy or just an employee problem?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mini Ice Age on the way? NASA (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL