The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Man on the Moon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
They can put a man on the moon, but they can't .....yadda, yadda, yadda

What do you think should have already been invented or accomplished that hasn't yet happened?

Here's one to get us started:

They can put a man on the moon, but they cant make a soup can where the lid edges aren't sharp enough to cut someone.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
If you want to spend the money, there’s a can opener that cuts around the side of the can, leaving a dull edge that won’t cut you! But where’s the fun in that?
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1744 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
If you want to spend the money, there’s a can opener that cuts around the side of the can, leaving a dull edge that won’t cut you!

I think I've seen that - the lid has no sharp edges (because it is cut off of the top of the can just below the lid's lip), but I think the top of the now-lidless can is sharp all the way around!

I am thinking that that is worse than the sharp lid.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24012 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
They put a man on the moon, but they can't make us live for 200 years.
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
They can put a man on the moon but they can't find a cure for the common cold.
John

New Hampshire
"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24012 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
They can put a man on the moon but they can't put a man on Jupiter.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6394 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
They can put a man on the moon but they can't put a man on Jupiter.

Probably because there’s no solid ground.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
They can put a man on the moon, but they can't make a decent laptop hinge that won't break!
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
They can put a man on the moon, but they can't make a decent laptop hinge that won't break!

Amen to that! They can put a man on the moon but they cant make the guy in front of me go when the light turns green!
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1744 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Although off topic, I hasten to add that the shortest period of time known to science is not a shake (10^^(-8) seconds), a jiffy (3 x 10^^(-24) seconds), or even a Planck time unit (5.39 x 10^^(-44) seconds). It is the interval of time between the light's turning from red to green and the sounding of the first car horn.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5509 Posts

Profile of magicfish
They can put a man on the moon but they cant make a shower curtain that opens and closes without catching on the telescopic joint of the curtain rod.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17134 Posts

Profile of Slim King
They can put a man on the moon (They say) but they still can't find the millions of socks that go missing?????????? Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Man on the Moon (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL