The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Putting wings on a case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Can anyone share how to make "wings" and attach them to your case? These are those pieces of fabric that shield side view into your opened case when the lid is opened. Typically for a briefcase type of case, but works with any case using a hinged lid.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7701 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I've never needed one ("wings"). I work my school show (45 min.) out of a "fat" attache case. The audience is basically in front of me, or far enough away, at the sides, that they can't see inside the case.

However, if I wanted wings, I would attach them to the lid and sides of the case itself, with duct tape. I would make them triangular in shape.

I have never been booked to do a close up show with spectators seated around the table. I'm usually a walk around, or strolling act, and, EVERYTHING is in my pockets. In strolling, no props are placed on the table.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Hi Dick! Always great to hear your answers! In fact, your school show case sounds similar to how I've had my stage case: far enough away so no one can see in.

As for a formal close up show, which is the context I was thinking about, spectators could see from the sides, hence the wings. Do you (or anyone else) know how to get the wings to naturally want to fold inwards when shutting the case?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21108 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The ones I have are simply aluminum sheet metal purchased from the local hardware store. Some tin snips and cover with leather or fabric. Believe it or not, but simply tape, that tape everyone jokes about as the best repair silver tape. You simply tape to the inside top of the case, and put some little edging on the bottom sides to support the wings as you call them, and keep the top open. That tape will hold for 10 years and it will dry out over time, then you will have to replace the tape.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
drmolarmagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn NY
65 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
If you tape all your Doves' feet to your case that should work......but your show may fly away!!!!!
Sorry sometimes I just do that to amuse myself......
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Putting wings on a case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL