The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your favorite Over the Phone effect? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Feel free to point me to any preexisting threads here (I just could not find one with a simple search) or please respond here?

What's your favorite effect that you can do over the phone? I've read some good stuff from Joshua Quinn in Paralies, but looking for some ideas, thoughts on this subject.

BTW, not interested in tricks WITH the phone such as Inject, but effects you can do over an audio-only connection to someone/people.

TIA...

Dave
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Dave,

HASTERIX from Lewis Jones

& “Symphony” which is something I created.

There are plenty others.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Thanks for the response! Seeing your name, I remembered I bought Ponderings a while back - need to reread that too ;-)
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If you'd like I could do a few for you Smile
Then you could make up your mind... Smile
I like ROSHAMBO .. but I'm partial...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
I can testify. Slim roshamboed me a few years back and I never did figure out what happened.

AND BTW didn't Millard Longman or somebody release a CD or DVD on "radio mentslicm a while ago?
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Banachek did, see here:
http://www.mcssl.com/mobile/cdae4db6fb65......io-magic

Joshua Quinn’s Thought Chunneling is great for radio as well.
Mcpherson22
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Mcpherson22
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2018, Waters. wrote:
Banachek did, see here:

How would you rate that DVD?
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Patrick Redford's 'Heptagon' is dedicated to over-the-phone mentalism effects https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ord.html

- Ross

PS - is Slim King's ROSHAMBO available to buy anywhere?
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just found three DVD's that say Classic Roshambo on them... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Check out the Impuzzibilities books by Jim Steinmeyer.

Ed
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2018, Mcpherson22 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2018, Waters. wrote:
Banachek did, see here:

How would you rate that DVD?

To be honest, I have never purchased this. I just remembered the reference.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It's possible I'll be doing one with George Noory on the Coast to Coadt radio show October 30th during my Houdini's Ghost interview.... But it is on LATE!!!! Smile SmileI
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Most people here will omit the obvious Mr. Wizard because of how well known it is but it still works and in all languages. Just change the from "hello is the wizard there" to something else Like "can I speak to my friend" and proceed as usual. I have never found anyone who knew what I had done.

If you don't have a partner, You can record a voicemail and force what you want on your victim. Some phone service plans come with multiple voicemail boxes and could be used for multiple force or multiple outs.

Not as glamours as the latest-greatest stuff but it's what works that matters and it's effect, on our audiences. Not how we achieve the effect. in other words methods don't matter, impact is what sells the act.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
SF,

Indeed Mr. Wizard is a great effect for the uninitiated, but my assumption was that the spirit of the OP was effects to perform for a person on the phone. M. Wizard is an effect for someone with you. The presentation just happens to need a phone. You are right in saying that it is an astounding piece. I used to perform that in my dorm room and it was always a hit.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Here are a series of over the phone effects... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2018, Slim King wrote:
Here are a series of over the phone effects... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

More like a Slim fan club meeting Smile
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
During this thread I performed for dozens of Café members .. Magicians Helping Magicians!!!!! Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Where can I see a description of roshambo and purchase it? Also can it be done in person as well as over the phone?
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Slim's Roshambo and sean's Symphony are both excellent effects to perform over the phone!

Kieran
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Where can I see a description of roshambo and purchase it? Also can it be done in person as well as over the phone?

Blindfolded perhaps .. Or with your back turned .. Or in another room .. These are all possibilities...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your favorite Over the Phone effect? (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL