The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Results are in--- (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
About 3/ 4 weeks ago I showed my son (20yrs) Virginia city shuffle. Pretty much blew his doors.......... A couple/ few days later I showed him Color Monte wich I thought would get a little less of a reaction. Nope! Boy was I wrong! He said he never saw the surprise ending coming (wich is how it should be performed ha!) and thought that was really cool. When I asked him wich one he liked better, it was hands down CMonte. I keep both in a wallet in my cell phone pocket daily. 👍. I would have never guessed that! There is a reason it's a classic. word.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Keeping in mind, this was some of my first forays into a magic shop, it was either Hank Lee or Max Maven that showed me this, and yes floored.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Ha! That' great to hear, DB! I've made a lot of progress with Color Monte by practicing, watching your videos, and modifying the story. Not quite ready to perform it, but definitely close. I'm curious to see whether my version of the story will go over well.

It's a funny thing -- when you're performing a trick, after a while the method seems so obvious that I start thinking that of *course* my spectators will see right through it! Obviously, from what you and Tom are saying, that isn't the case.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes when I perform it. I'm really psyched, because I have the moves down now and just need to rehearse meshing the moves with the story.

Bob
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
You will get better as you go on. The pressure is strong at first (and you need that peessure) but as you fool em' more and more your confidnce will grow in strides! And yes everyone falls for the "everyone will know" concept. Start showin' it to people! 👍👌😀 .$02 db
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have a really nice TCC leather packet trick wallet (an upgraded version of the vinyl wallets I have had for years). I ALWAYS carry "Color Monte" in one side of it and Alex Elmsley's "4 Card Trick" in the other.

If I leave the house, in one pocket, I will always have "That Packet Wallet, a regular deck with a odd back set up for "red hot Mama" and an extra dupe (with the same back) & both Jokers corner shorted on the opposite corners so I have two key cards if needed on the fly, held in a Porper Clip to protect it all in my pocket.

In another pocket, I carry a "Traveler" coin purse with 4 walkers, a turtle and a Chinese coin, and a "TCC Leather Rubber Band Board" with 4 colors of bands.

Lastly, My "Every day carry wallet" is a Tony Miller "Hip Pocket Bombshell" loaded with his "soft Index" holding his great effect "Pocket Space Plus". Sounds like a lot but it really doesn't take hardly any pocket space for the vast amount of magic I have to bust out on a moments notice.

As for the Color Monte, I have made a set to match my Phoenix decks (self gaffed the backs). I sometimes use a Q/H Q/S and A/S to do a "on the fly version". I have also used (and still do from time to time) 3 blank face cards with 3 different colored rectangular stickers (from Walmart, you get yellow, pink, orange and green. Several of each for a couple bucks). I just patter that he showed me a yellow card (yellow sticker, another yellow... and a bright pink card (money card), my kicker is a green sticker with hand written $14 on top and bottom (so no matter which way you flip it, it will be oriented for them to read it).

My personal opinion... "Color Monte" is the most under-priced packet trick in the magic market. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I love the double ended-printed $14 so that any way you flip it, it can be read! Great idea Poof! And my TCC wallet is one of the best "under $4 bucks" I've ever spent! Whattya know about the TCC z-fold? Anything? Thanks. db
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I was so impressed with the quality or the rubber band boards and the packet trick wallets that I bought 2 z-folds without any research and they did not let me down. Very good quality and they are vertical rather than horizontal (I think that is right) so you can put cards away exactly as you do in a packet trick wallet (up and down, not sideways like "wallet implies). Close it up, and once you do the move, open to a clean set of cards in the same orientation. I'm grabbing the TCC Himber wallet on my next purchase.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I was so impressed with the quality or the rubber band boards and the packet trick wallets that I bought 2 z-folds without any research and they did not let me down. Very good quality and they are vertical rather than horizontal (I think that is right) so you can put cards away exactly as you do in a packet trick wallet (up and down, not sideways like "wallet implies). Close it up, and once you do the move, open to a clean set of cards in the same orientation. I'm grabbing the TCC Himber wallet on my next purchase.

pm'd you
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks for your encouragement and advice, DollarBill. I'll start showing Color Monte soon --caution to the winds! -- and will let you know how it goes. Smile

Poof-Daddy, I really enjoyed your description of what you carry with you and how you carry it. I don't know enough tricks yet to carry all the stuff you do (one that I want to learn is the four-card trick), but as I become more accomplished I'm going to keep looking back at your post for inspiration and organizational advice. Thanks!

The stuff about the z-fold and Himber wallets kinda lost me (though at least I know what the wallets *are*). But maybe that isn't essential for where I'm at at the moment.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Results are in--- (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL