The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul Brand New Penguin Live Act (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
My Penguin Live Act is now available. You will be able to download it from 25th November, but it's currently available at an early bird price visit www.penguinmagic.com/p/10979 for details.
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
4 effects instead of 7?
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Shadow Art,
They are all there. The ad copy that Penguin put out was very stripped down, I have just emailed them to try to get that changed. The ACT is 40 minutes long and features 4 effects but included in the explanation section will be an additional opener "This, That and the Other" that can be used to extend the show. There will also be bonus PDF's that include how I add two other effects into the act to increase the impossibility of it. I hope that makes everything clear.
All the best
Marc
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2018, marcpaul wrote:
My Penguin Live Act is now available. You will be able to download it from 25th November, but it's currently available at an early bird price visit www.penguinmagic.com/p/10979 for details.

Fantastic!! Love your lectures.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
My virtual is purchased - SO EXCITED!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
My last post should have said “virtual TICKET” haha 😆

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Looking forward to this! Marc's Alakazam lecture was wonderful, and I' sure this will be great, too.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Order placed!

I'm just going to sit here for the next 11 days mow! Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I don’t by too much mentalism material these days, but I love Marc’s teaching and way of thinking. I’m in!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Marc is one of the better thinkers out there.
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Add Jan Forster to that list of good performers and thinkers!
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
I agree, Jan is a great thinker. I've ordered his Penguin Live Act and can't wait!
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Agreed. Like Jan, Marc is a gentleman, among the world's greatest and also a big influence to me. Both of them in the same month is pretty much priceless.
I'm sure it will be terrific... count me in!
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2018, Blindside785 wrote:
I don’t by too much mentalism material these days, but I love Marc’s teaching and way of thinking. I’m in!

Ditto. I'm waiting (because I have to) for Marc's Live ACT lecture to come out. Obviously already purchased it (and did as soon as I heard).

Great guy, great teacher, and great material.
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
Hello everyone. I just finished seeing the lecture. As usual, excellent material from one of the best mentalists today in my opinion. For a long time I debated whether to acquire free access to all of Penguin's lectures. As soon as I saw that Marc would appear, I purchased. The second routine is worth the price of the entire lecture and more. simply incredible.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
It’s Marc Paul ladies and gentlemen - enough said!

Seriously though, Marc delivered with this lecture in a BIG way. It’s been a treat over the years to see him refine a particular sequence of techniques (those used in “Thought Reader”) to produce a STUNNING and PRACTICAL Q&A variant.

This is a MUST BUY IMHO.

(Is it obvious that I enjoyed it? Smile )

Best,

Drew

Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Enjoyed the lecture Marc. One question, the PDF notes mention a routine called This, That and the Other. I might be missing something but I don't recall this routine performed or explained in the lecture.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, Mac_Stone wrote:
Enjoyed the lecture Marc. One question, the PDF notes mention a routine called This, That and the Other. I might be missing something but I don't recall this routine performed or explained in the lecture.

Check in the learn section. There should be 2 videos, a pdf and a zip folder with two other pdfs. It's in the second video as a bonus because it wasn't performed in the act.

I'll give a better review later but I can say in advance that this is TERRIFIC material.
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Here's my review:

CHALLENGE MIND READING - Brilliant adaptation of the classic, full of subtleties. Nowadays I just use my one billet routine and a peek wallet to achieve the same results, but honestly, I loved it so much that I'll include this as an alternative.

Personal tip: when you flash the envelope as a "convincer"... this same action of "flashing" can be used to get the information. In other words, you flash "up" as a convincer and you flash "down" to yourself to get the information. This will make the handling much more natural if you understand what I meant.

DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS - I was looking forward for this one and it's brilliant. I won't use it though because I already employ similar methods in an entirely different routine (which is one of my very best). The construction of everything here is beautiful. I'm sure you will get something from it. You predict what the person will select two times and then you reveal that you knew what how pretty much would go since the start. It's beautiful.

TIME TO GET TO KNOW YOU - The main concept here is terrific and I have seen it used by several performers (Docc Hillford and Dan Harlan to name a couple). In terms of concept, this is similar to Harlan's All Seeing Eye, but with a very different method that I'm not sure if I should go over in details. There are further tweaks to it... in both justification for actions and to turn the spectator into a mindreader.

THOUGHT READER - To me, this was the star of the act. THIS IS FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!!! It's a mini Q&A. If you know Marc's first lecture you know his style, but this is definitely a smarter version of what you know from him, with much further advantages. You pretty much get information from the billets without ever touching them and even the most skeptical person will be obliged to agree with that. There are no impression devices... nothing. Yet you know.

There's a bonus using the free will principle. Great stuff.

A general impression of the material and what to expect: Clever methods, great framing of timing, misdirection and justification and a tiny bit of boldness.
You will have your mind sparking with ideas. I know I had mine. To be 100% honest... there's something here so good that I actually prefer to not be out there, it's that much good (and I'm not talking about the last routine).

Do yourself a favor and get this yesterday.

Max
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
Thanks Max, I didn't realize there was a bonus effect either ... and I saw this post this morning and checked it out. Awesome.

Oscar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul Brand New Penguin Live Act (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL