The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straitjackets... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
Where is the best place to get a straitjacket in 2018?

I had a Posey for years which got stolen (long story) - they don't seem to be making that one anymore and I don't particularly like the look of the Humane Restraint one..

I perform a lot of shows and definitely need one that'll hold up to a fair amount of use and abuse so I'm hesitant about trying one of the 'adult store' straitjackets and I don't really want to get a gimmicked one although the new De-Val one from propdog looks kinda old school cool and pretty well made..

Any clues?
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
706 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Malini----If you're in no rush, keep checking the various Auction Sites........the "old style" Posey "Roller-Buckle" jackets show up from time to time.
They are the best, and finest made legitimate jackets.
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
Awesome! Thanks for the tip.. I'll keep an eye out... I miss my Posey Smile
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1832 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Well, it's an "Adult store" but Monkey Dungeon will make a very solid jacket for you. Get their "Houdini" model and make sure they have the chest strap and you're good to go. You can even customize the colors. I have one that's black canvas with 'bone' white leather trim. Very nice, very solid. It's not cheap, but it'll last you.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
Hey thanks, Chris. That's good info to have about Monkey Dungeon - with all their options and add-ons - they really seem to know what they're doing. And your jacket colours sound really awesome.

I know this topic has been done to death here but a lot of the info here from a few years back is outdated and links are long dead, so I just wanted a current state of affairs before I jumped back into my straitjacket.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1832 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I hear ya.

When I first started doing jacket escapes it was easy to find "proper" Posey jackets. Then last year or so I had to replace my jacket again and nothing I had saved was still active. That's why I went with Monkey Dungeon.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
746 Posts

Profile of Rook
How are the armpits in the Monkey Dungeon Jackets? Are they as tight as the Poseys?
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1832 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I've never had a "true" Posey so I can't say definitively.

I think the arm pits in my jacket are a little tight for me. I counter this by getting as much of the jacket to the right before attempting to free the right arm, which works fine. I do have somewhat broad shoulders, and I do work out so muscle is a thing.

That being said, I have never gotten truly stuck and generally get out in between 0:57 and 1:20.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
746 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
I've never had a "true" Posey so I can't say definitively.

I think the arm pits in my jacket are a little tight for me. I counter this by getting as much of the jacket to the right before attempting to free the right arm, which works fine. I do have somewhat broad shoulders, and I do work out so muscle is a thing.

That being said, I have never gotten truly stuck and generally get out in between 0:57 and 1:20.

Thanks, Chris!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straitjackets... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL