The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lost Reference (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yairalon
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of yairalon
Hello, everyone!

I need a help from you guys, if possible. I remember reading a mentalism book in which the author explained how he used to sell some kind of "private shows" for small groups. The author showed an example of the ad he would publish in the newspaper, and how he would conduct the night, including using the show to sell some paraphernalia (he mentioned Tarot, ESP deck, pendulum).

Now, the question is I don’t remember where I read this and who was the author. I THINK, if memory serves me right, it was one Rowland’s book. Can anyone help me find this reference?

BEST
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
456 Posts

Profile of Axel
Hi there!
Welcome to this forum.
Please let us know a little bit about yourself.
What is your experience in mentalism, in performing, what kind of books have you read?
Surely someone will be able to point you in the right direction after you've introduced yourself to the community.
Kind regards,
Axel
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I don’t think that sounds like anything from Rowland, though I really don’t have a lot of his material, so I could be wrong.

If Axel comes across as cautious about sharing information, it is because there have been several recent new members who ask reasonable questions and then turn out to be trolls. Once you introduce yourself and participate in a few discussions, you will find folks very happy to help. But until you show that you actually do want to be part of a discussion, you may find a lot of us being cautious about answering some of the questions you might have.

Patrick
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
You may be thinking of "Making Money from Magic" by Drew McAdam. Ian Rowland was the publisher.

Barry
yairalon
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of yairalon
Thank you everyone, specially mindmagic. I understand the cautious attitude, but I have not asked for tricks, revealing secrets or nothing of the sort.

I will check if "Making Money from Magic" is the right book. Maybe it was something from Richard Webster?

I will introduce myself briefly... My name is Yair and I have studied mentalism for 10 years now. I have read all the classics (from Corinda to Derren Brown) and I use mentalism mainly as a way to debunk psychics in my country (Brazil). I have been working on this and on bringing awareness to the laypeople about the threat and problems posed by these kind of charlatans and con people.

I have never used mentalism (or any kind of magic) to make presentations, shows etc.

BEST
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2018, yairalon wrote:
I have read all the classics (from Corinda to Derren Brown) and I use mentalism mainly as a way to debunk psychics in my country (Brazil).

Brazil Psychics use mentalism methods?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lost Reference (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL