The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..26..27~28~29 [Next]
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
Cards, four small sponges, and flashy coin trick like Scotch and Soda. The bigger sponges get a bit squashed in jacket pockets but I don't find the small ones too bad.
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
I carry two un-gimmicked decks of card in my coat pockets and a handful of change in a pants pocket. That is all that is necessary for a few impromptu tricks.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1921 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
T.T. Silks Spongeballs 50 cent peices rubber bands, (have yet to gather the courage to use them sober though),my wife thinks I'm insane
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
My impromptu magic is usually with coins.

I've started carrying 3 ropes in my pocket, as well as a deck of cards, and a silk for card through silk (the latest addition to my repertoire).

I'll have to learn some more things that can be done with one silk. I think there's something done with coins and a ring.
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Wow, this is a great thread. It's interesting that in the original post, Jordini asked what we carry when we're not expecting to do any magic. From the looks of it, we magician types are always expecting to do magic. Smile
I can honestly say that I always have cards (one deck with a dupe, and an odd back) on me. (How embarrassing.) I'm also in the habit of having a coin or two, some rubberbands, and a TT. And as soon as I get that strike vanish down, a pen for ReCap.
Now, what I have with me when I am expecting to do magic...pretty much the same stuff, except I'll add a string, and maybe some flash paper. Hmmm, and a silk or two. Sponge balls will be coming soon, as I really need to get away from the cards...

Mike

[quote]On 2004-09-03 19:23, markhammagi wrote:
Even if you were asked spur-of-the-moment to perform some tricks at a nudist beach, this books will provide your with the tools to knock their socks off.

Man, I hope I'm never at a nudist beach where people are wearing socks... Smile I also hope I'm never compelled to do magic while at a nudist beach, as there would (hopefully) already be some strong, visual magic going on... Smile (And I'm not talkin' about me...)

Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
magicmonkey99
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicmonkey99
I have four half dollars in my wallet. I carry a pack of cards and always have some loops on my wrist. Occasionally I will carry a TT
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of knmagic
TT and small silk
Shoe lace and a borrow ring
$5 bill transpo
Business card
Rubber Bands
If I am at the party, cup and balls using their paper cup, plastic knife as wand and paper napkin as balls. These are enough for improtu magic.
silapmata
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of silapmata
I always bring along these item for impromptu tricks:-
A deck of card
Penetration pen
dice
rubber band
ring
string
gimick card
bite coin
strong small magnet

4 me even just coins in my pocket and a ciggerettes enough to do a trick or two.But incase they want more I always have my penetration pen & my mental tricks.
shale007
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
28 Posts

Profile of shale007
A deck of card, a wallet for card to wallet and the items necessary for card on ceiling.
Regards,

Shawn
Wendy Wylde
View Profile
New user
Littleton, Colorado
59 Posts

Profile of Wendy Wylde
I'm pretty new, just getting back into magic after years of not doing it, but now that friends are talking about my doing magic again, I'm starting to get asked. So at all times, I Strivings' "Warm Fuzzies Up Close". The set of stones I put together and the bag they live in will also work for Kurotsuke if I have a bunch of people asking for magic.

I also carry Scotch and Soda with me everywhere.

I'm sure as I learn more, and become more comfortable with it, I'll carry more stuff. Not so big a deal when you carry a purse you could hide a Volkswagen Bug in. Smile

Wendy
"Love is not all wine and roses.
Sometimes it's handcuffs and cheese."
- Tim Minchin
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
I always have a deck of cards, some coins and a "Stock Holder" for some magic with business cards... It's impromptu, but it never hurts to be somewhat prepared!

;-)

Have a nice day!

Louis
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
871 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I always have a deck of cards, rubber bands on my wrist, TT, business cards, and coins on me. I'll usually have a few things in my car (multiplying rabbits, cards with a different colored back, fantastic, maybe a couple of other things.
Jack Skalon

http://www.MagicByJack.net

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
I usually have my bikes on me especially when I go up to london.Sometimes I have the professors nigtmare with me and a sub trunk.
If I'm really organised I might have a elephant with me for impromptu vanishing!!
Spatula545
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Spatula545
A deck of cards and color monte. cant co wrong with that!
12 pennies stacked equals the hight of a dime.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1234 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
A pair of dice, for sacs dice, and four coins, and a [. If I have a jacket, then I take a deck of cards with me. I also have a duplicate of a card from a red bike deck in my wallet.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
798 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
I just learned Andrew Mayne's Ghost Bills, and wrote soem workable patter for it. I've tried it a couple of times, and I'm quite sure I'll be doing it regularly. I don't need to carry ANYTHING with me to do Ghost Bills!
Dan McLean Jr
www.MagicRoadie.com
"Taking the mystery out of stage technology!"
vlance
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of vlance
Slo-mo bill switch, TT, shoelace and a ring.
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
560 Posts

Profile of steve j
Nothing, the one spur of the moment trick I do is with the other persons change, its a simple change of a quarter to a penny, quick, simple and to the point
AndrewMann
View Profile
New user
UK
7 Posts

Profile of AndrewMann
A selection of rubber bands for CMH and one or two other band effects, possibly a couple of simple packet card tricks which can be done with all the emphasis on presentation, a TT and that's about it. Anything more would mean going out on the street armed to the teeth with magical apparatus!
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
I carry a Sub Trunk carrying Jay Sankey, Greg Wilson and Max Maven inside plus a TT. Smile
seriously an hanky for various hanky tricks, 4 susan b dollars , sometimes a deck , and recently 10 little cards with 5 diff animmal pics on the for my version of "Will the Cards Match" ( THanks Peter Marucci)
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..26..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL