The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..28~29~30 [Next]
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
2 rubber bands.
illusionistaxe
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of illusionistaxe
Banknotes, Pen, coins, Rubber bands, Infinity wallet with Predator effect always ready, loops. With banknotes I do impromptu version of pen through note, called as "Puncture" and also another strong impromptu effect with notes, is Time is Money by Asi Wind. Also I do the effect Recap, with pen. Coin for one coin routine and watch steal.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Some peoples list is really long, like they've got their pockets smashed full of stuff they'll never use, like they're expecting a payed gig to just break out or something. still other peoples list are long but pack small, like loops, rubber bands, coins, wallet, ect. stuff that seems totally normal, cuz lets be real, rubber bands make awesome bracelets, so it kind of all fits in.

I personally just carry my cards and my TT which is stuffed with a silk because that's the first trick I learned and although it's kind of corny and seems like a kids trick it just seems to blow adults away as well, plus I can always pull the silk out in my pocket and use the TT for something else
Siraldi
View Profile
Regular user
Johnson City, Tennessee
102 Posts

Profile of Siraldi
I ALWAYS carry:
3 rubber bands on my right arm
a half dollar (always practicing knuckle rolls) and a silver dollar in my watch pocket
I usually carry a business card wallet with 3 card monte/2 card monte/ color monte/ and a quarter bite
And after I get comfortable with my spider pen... I'll replace that with a pen I always carry (you never know when a girl might want to give you her number)
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Oh, I almost forgot, I try to keep a loop on my wrist when I remember to tie them, they're not a problem to tie I just often don't think of it until I don't have time to tie them, then I forget again when I do lol, so like. maybe 1/3 of the time I have loops on me, I tie 5 at a time and keem em on a piece of cardboard in my back pocket, but I go through 5 in a couple days then it could be a week before I tie more
wafflesthemagician
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
73 Posts

Profile of wafflesthemagician
A Pen, a deck of cards, and whatever else is in my pockets (usually just wallet & cellphone).

Do a little routine with the pen and cellphone, using the pen as a magic wand, making my cellphone disappear, transpositions, etc. Then I ring in a cooler, which is a good start to go into card magic.
slyrich
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of slyrich
A pen for recap, and one to switch in for reality twister. Simples. But good!
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
I always carry with me a pen (for my pen routine, similar to recapped) and a half dollar. I usually have rubber bands on my wrist and sometimes a deck of cards in my pocket.
S_Myst
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of S_Myst
I only carry things that would be invisible to the spectator.

My current set includes loops, TT, and a PK ring (plus a small nd m****t).

With these tools plus other items found in the environment it is possible to do thousands of effects, seemingly impromptu.
Professor Myst
Engineer, Inventor, Writer, Teacher, Wizard
Ion Dubinin
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ion Dubinin
Regular deck of cards, 2 half dollars and one copper english penny, a jumbo coin in the back pocket, a thumb tip (for cig vanishing)and a couple of rubber bands on my wirst and if needed I have a one hour + show
Ricardini24
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ricardini24
Loops on one wrist and a bunch of rubber bands on the other as a matter of course but usually end up with all manner of weird and wonderful 'additional' items upon my personage most of the time.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I always have some coins tt and a silk wih me.
todd
Thabb
View Profile
New user
Louisville Ky
4 Posts

Profile of Thabb
Balloons For Pressure... Floors everyone I've done it for. then if they want more cards or sponge balls. I end the Sponge balls with the two in the hand one in the pocket phase ending with "none" in my hand with a finger puppet nun
Bicycle Rider
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Bicycle Rider
I tried to carrying at least a deck of cards with me all the time. For some reason I feel safe when I have cards with me. My precious..
Conjurer of cheap tricks
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Powerball 60 in my wallet.
nathanmorris
View Profile
New user
UK
56 Posts

Profile of nathanmorris
Rubber bands for touch, cord for ring on string and bag for life
lambretta1963
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of lambretta1963
Bikes, split coin & sharpie
Roy the Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee, USA
147 Posts

Profile of Roy the Illusionist
I usually carry 3 sponge balls for my sponge routine, yes only 3, and a card deck with Further Than That(Mark Wilson) setup.
Are you watching closely?
Trent Reid
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Trent Reid
I have just for a casual situation- deck of cards, Fob, Anima, First Hand, Pro Fire Wallet, Card To Wallet, Rubberbands, Scotch and soda, and Humbug.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 09:15, lambretta1963 wrote:
Bikes, split coin & sharpie

lambretta1963,
Would you mind sharing what you do with the split coin?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL