The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26~27~28~29 [Next]
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1667 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I carry with me all the Time:

3 Sponge Balls
Rubberbands
2 Coins
Fire Wallet (It's also my regular Wallet)
Business Cards
Deck of Cards for my Haunted Deck
Tiny Plunger
TT for Bill Switch
Sometimes 2 small Slydini Silks

That's it. fits perfectly in my Waste Pockets
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performen by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck
mercedesrules
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mercedesrules
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 15:12, sodman12 wrote:
Scotch and soda and a deck of cards. you can go wrong with this combination!

......Haha! I'm sure you can!
AngeloAces
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn New York
54 Posts

Profile of AngeloAces
Deck of cards with a dupe and a Sharpie in my right pocket
Pack of smokes with a lighter ready to go for warning! and a certain other card revelation trick (trying to avoid exposure) in my left pocket
F1 nitro wallet (as my daily wallet) with Extreme Burn, Powerball, business cards, loops, Lubor lens, warning refills and some extra cards
Pro flite keychain with keymaster on it
It sounds like a lot but in the end its just a pack of cigarettes, a wallet, and a keychain. The only strange things are the cards and the sharpie.
RandyK
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of RandyK
Sponge balls and a thumb tip.
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
My Heirloom Wallet is my everyday wallet. In it I have Powerball 60, The Gift by Derrek Lau (which I love), one of the "outs" for Knock'em Dead, No Diary Diary and a few receipts for Burn Notice. What a mouth full. Aside from what I have in my wallet I also carry a deck, rubber bands, Linkey on my keychain (Awesome By The Way), my everyday ring and some velvet string. That's when I'm not carrying my messenger bag.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
ssibal
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of ssibal
Nothing. If they want to see something spur of the moment then they can provide the materials.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
690 Posts

Profile of Rook
I've since added Ian Garrison's Dances With Ropes for my daily carry.
-Tom
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
I keep two thin rubberbands on my wrist at all times adn I can perform CMH
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Nothing!
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Assertive Possitive Negative by Scott F Guinn.
Only need a b-card or small piece of paper and pen and your spectators imagination.
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of jmagic
I always carry set of color changing knives and a stack of 4 thimbles.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1506 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
A large paper clip in my Real Man's Wallet ,a hen & chicks, an elastic loop around my finger, sometimes, rubber bands around my wrist.
Remember, slightly less than two present of all UFO sightings turn out to be actual extraterrestrial craft.
Borrow three wide brimmed felt hats from the audience.
Dr. Harlan Tarbell
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
Three sponge balls, a deck of cards, a magic wand, six half dollars, a sharpie, business cards and a hat.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3471 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I think the best way to be prepared is to have a few things in my wallet and on my keychain. In my wallet I usually have a few rubber bands, a gaffed bill, and one or more coins. On my keychain I have a piece of string that is tied in the "survival" string tie way. I also have a gaffed key ring sort of like a mini linking rings. There are a bunch of other things that can go in and out of the wallet or key chain.

To me, these are more "natural" ways to carry magic. By "natural", I mean that I don't have to be thinking "magic" when I get dressed. I would love to have a very "natural" way to carry a tt. I think that would be the perfect addition. Unfortunately, I don't have a tt that fits in my wallet or on my keychain. Maybe someone will come up with a collapsible tt.

KJ
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5375 Posts

Profile of magicfish
You don't want to think 'magic' when you get dressed?
I'm not following.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
The natural way to carry a TT is on your thumb! Smile

I keep mine in the little pocket within my jeans pocket (match compartment?). It's perfect for quickly putting on as it keeps it facing the right way.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5375 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Amen, David.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3471 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On 2013-12-26 21:12, magicfish wrote:
You don't want to think 'magic' when you get dressed?
I'm not following.

What I mean is if I am not planning on doing magic, I just want to put my wallet and my keys in my pocket and I'm out the door. I don't want to have to think about what magic effect I am going to put in my pocket. If I have a few things in my wallet or on my keychain, or have a few impromptu things I can do with regular items like borrowed coins or pieces of tissue, I'm always ready to go.

Lately, I am really into gift magic. if someone asks to see something, I really like to leave them with a gift. For that reason, I carry a few things in my wallet and something on my keychain that I can give away. On my keychain, I carry a woven piece of string with a couple hand-carved fish beads. I do some magic with it and give it away as a bracelet.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3471 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Gift magic is why I would really like to carry a tt. tts are great for gift magic. Maybe I should get in the habit of putting the tt on my thumb and then placing it in the change compartment of my pants pocket.

Thanks for that idea David.

KJ
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
I like carrying a TT, at least two rubber bands, a coin and the Hotrod stick as I am around children quite a bit and they love the color change.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26~27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL