The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin on ceiling ! Hellppp ! ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenny kadabra
View Profile
Elite user
scotland
450 Posts

Profile of kenny kadabra
I have performed Ammar's Card on Ceiling now for ages, any ideas involving the same principle with coins? Is it documented or downloadable? kenny.
Magic ain't an illusion ! it's a "way of life"
JeffTell
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
5 Posts

Profile of JeffTell
We were out last night and saw some guy toss a coin at the ceiling and then it was up there. Was in an Applebees if that helps. I bet you need a ladder.
kenny kadabra
View Profile
Elite user
scotland
450 Posts

Profile of kenny kadabra
Think I've missed something Jeff! Whats Applebees? Kenny
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Applebee's is a restaurant.
kenny kadabra
View Profile
Elite user
scotland
450 Posts

Profile of kenny kadabra
Did you figure it out? How did he throw it ? Was it signed? Kenny
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
It's in the Magic of Michael Ammar book and on one of his early Ammar vids. I don't get WHY anyone would do this over the signed card but different strokes...
kenny kadabra
View Profile
Elite user
scotland
450 Posts

Profile of kenny kadabra
I agree twistedace,but it would still be a great impromptu & "different" effect! Kenny
King of Diamonds
View Profile
Regular user
Elite user
139 Posts

Profile of King of Diamonds
When I bought Card on Ceiling, it came with thr variation for coin on ceiling. You have to flip it in a way, so that it doesn't spin...it should say if you bought your you-know-what with instructions.
IMHO it's not that good anyway. Stick to the all time classic Card on Ceiling. Much better

King of Diamonds
King of Diamonds
JeffTell
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
5 Posts

Profile of JeffTell
I don't remember hearing the coin hit the ceiling. It sort of vanished on the way. Is that difficult?
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Been around for a while now. Not sure who first did it but at a convention about 4-5 years ago I saw a guy do it. Basically just have the coin already there. Little toss as the coin really gets ditched as the spectators look up. The guy I saw do it used the "pitch and ditch" to vanish. I don't think you can do it signed. At least he didn't. He did the year, but its not like anyone can see it.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
King of Diamonds
View Profile
Regular user
Elite user
139 Posts

Profile of King of Diamonds
Quote:
On 2004-05-13 20:10, Chris Keppel wrote:
Been around for a while now. Not sure who first did it but at a convention about 4-5 years ago I saw a guy do it. Basically just have the coin already there. Little toss as the coin really gets ditched as the spectators look up. The guy I saw do it used the "pitch and ditch" to vanish. I don't think you can do it signed. At least he didn't. He did the year, but its not like anyone can see it.

You can do it signed. You use the same 'stuff' you use in card on ceiling. It can be done with a signed coin

K of D
King of Diamonds
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
What is the motivation for putting a coin on the ceiling? I understand that with card on ceiling, it can be a sensible spin off to ambitious card. But, what is the lead-in for coin on ceiling? Thanks!
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
The Magic of Michael Ammar teaches this effect.Another interesting approach to torn and restored card is also explained--The corner is thrown next to the restored card and also sticks to the ceiling.
Andre
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2004-05-16 22:00, Nicholas wrote:
What is the motivation for putting a coin on the ceiling? I understand that with card on ceiling, it can be a sensible spin off to ambitious card. But, what is the lead-in for coin on ceiling? Thanks!

What is the motivation for Card on Ceiling? It's probably about the same. Incongruency. Nobody expects it, so it works!

I was working in our office which was a converted warehouse with 18' high ceilings. I decided to try it on one of my coworkers. "I'll toss it and you call it in the air", <short toss>, "Too fast, let's do it again. I'll throw higher, you call faster..." I gave it my best flat toss and it sailed all the way up and stuck there!

The look on my friend's face was priceless! THAT was my motivation.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Ah!
Thanks!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Actually, it's rather easy to set a context for tossing a coin. It's much more natural to "flip a coin" or "toss a coin" than it is to throw a card, let alone an entire deck.

It would work well with a "Coin that falls up" routine, or any coin trick for that matter.

"Let's see... what should I do next? I know, you can help me decide. I'll just flip a coin, you call it in the air, heads or tails...." or something like that.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin on ceiling ! Hellppp ! ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL