The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Hardware for carrying cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2778 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Wanted to see if anyone can help me out with this one...

I've been looking for a supplier of hardware (handles, latches, hinges, corners, etc.) for ATA-type cases, but can't find a company that sells the hardware by itself. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. A number of the woodworking suppliers (Rockler, Lee Valley, etc.) sell chest and trunk hardware, but it's mostly the decorative type. I'm looking for standard, knock-around hardware.

Any thoughts or leads would be appreciated. Thanks.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7300 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Sometimes, I see the stuff for sale on Ebay.

A manufacturer is going to want such a high minimum order ($ or # of pieces) it will not be worth it.

Check in Thomas Register.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1788 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
You can go to http://www.tchweb.com for case parts. They have a minimum of $50 and are great to deal with. I got parts in two days for a road case I am building.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2778 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Thanks, magicmikey. The company you suggested seems to have exactly what I'm looking for, and I sent for a catalog.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
254 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Here are a couple of other links that you might like to check out. Also under "musical instruments" on ebay go to "equipment" then "cases." You'll find a lot of hardware at really good prices. You'll find some other cases and hardware under DJ Supplies too on Ebay.

http://www.penn-fabrication.com
http://www.reliablehardware.com

Good luck

Robert Jones
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2778 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Thanks, Robert. I'll check them out.
www.georgefledo.net

kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
And do not forget the venerable Ohio Travel Bag Company. They have a huge catalog, and if you are looking for----luggage parts, keys to casters, they carry it. Again, I think they have a 50$ min order, but if you want to work on name brand or name known (less suspicion) things, then they are a good place to check.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Hardware for carrying cases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL