The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Harry Andersons three card Monarch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfest
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of magicfest
This effect was available from the former Sun Magic in Arizona. The cards are huge...and I am trying to replace an old set. If anyone has one, contact me please.
Mark Benthimer
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Try contacting Hank Lee's, I think they picked up the rights to make them from Sun Magic.

Jeff
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
The Sum Magic set was GIGANTIC (Harry's a BIG guy). Hank Lee's were large, but much easier to manage.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
There are 2 sizes.
3 Card Prince is the smaller one.
Its still around in a few magic shops.
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Mark,

I have a set of the "Three Card Prince" for sale, if you can't find the larger size you are looking for.

Sincerely,
David
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have an extra set of the Monarch. And, YES, I do know the difference between the Prince (have one) and the Monarch (have 2 of 'em). Here's a story for you Harry fans...if you bought one new from Jack and/or Barry at Sun Magic, the instructions were numbered (1-475, as I remember) and SUPPOSED to have been signed by Harry himself. He never got around to it. He did, however, sign mine last year after we had dinner! I've actually owned about 4 sets of the Monarch over the last 10 years. Coincidentally, my original set is number 426, and one of the used sets I bought was 425!

Let me know if you're interested in buying my extra one.

Steve Thomas
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Mark:

This is Ron, from the Old "Rabbits In Our Hat" magic club. It's probably been close to 20 years since I've seen you, but Paul Estes has kept me up on your success in Portland (I think). Last I heard, you had your own traveling illusion show and/or were teaming up with Stan Kramien in some way. Do I have my facts straight?

I had a set of Three Card Monarch up until 2 years ago. I had a show a local hotel and did the routine, and left the cards there by mistake. I didn't realize it until about a week later, and went back to get them, but no one had seen them or knew anything about them. They we're probably trashed the night I left. Oh, well.

I am pretty sure I saw the "Monarch" advertised somewhere - I'll keep thinking in case it can't be worked out with Steve.

Keep in touch.

Ron
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
You can buy Giant size Kings, Queens, Jacks, and Aces at Party City and other party stores. They are laminated and can be used to make Three Card Monarch and other Giant card effects .
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
If you can actually find an original Sun Magic/Harry Anderson/Anderson's Illusions 3-Card Monarch...best of luck. There were only (as I remember) 375 sets made/sold. Check with Barry Schor of Presto Magic in Mesa, Arizona. He packed and shipped all the originals personally when he worked for the late (and GREAT) Jack Sutherland. This is a really difficult to find item. Originally they sold for around $150 through Sun Magic. These days if/when you can find an original set, they'll set you back a couple hundred bucks. Worth it, though. Harry's not that much bigger than I am, so I can get away using it.

Steve Thomas
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2004-06-13 23:03, Stevethomas wrote:
If you can actually find an original Sun Magic/Harry Anderson/Anderson's Illusions 3-Card Monarch...best of luck. There were only (as I remember) 375 sets made/sold. Check with Barry Schor of Presto Magic in Mesa, Arizona. He packed and shipped all the originals personally when he worked for the late (and GREAT) Jack Sutherland. This is a really difficult to find item. Originally they sold for around $150 through Sun Magic. These days if/when you can find an original set, they'll set you back a couple hundred bucks. Worth it, though. Harry's not that much bigger than I am, so I can get away using it.

Steve Thomas

F.Y.I. Barry's store is located in Scottsdale, AZ
Hunter
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Hunter
Barry Schor can be reached at his e-mail address: pressmagic@earthlink.net
Good luck, Hunter
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Need HELP with Harry Anderson's Three (3) card Prince (Monarch) HELP
I have the Prince version of this set that I got when it came out, but I have yet to be able to work through it, even using a mirror or video camera.
I am a visual learner, is there a video version of the instructions?
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
He performs it on Hello Sucker but he does not teach it there but it might give you some reference points to help clear up things... I have both Prince and an original Sun Magic Monarch.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
He does teach it on his penguin live lecture.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Harry Anderson's "Hello Sucker".

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Harry Andersons three card Monarch (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL