The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Going for the 'Gold' » » How to win? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
How can I win a copetition I want to do effects that will blow them away even the judges which is hard becouse one of them is Simon Lovel.The effects I am using so far are Fruit cup by Carney and Frozen Deckery by Ammar I do not know what else is good to perform I you have any ideas let me know.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
HI there six, You may want to try to come up with some routines of your own. I know from entering many competitions that evrey judge is a bit different but all are looking for routines that are entertaining and have some originality thrown in. I would say enter the competetion with material you have now that you are comfortable performing and listen to the judges and from people you trust that watched. It will take awhile to develop an act that is more then other peoples effects done one after the other. I always go into the competetion hoping I do well and happy when I win but if I do not then I look at the judges critiques and try to figure out how I can do better next. The last thing is the more competitions you enter the better chance you have at winning. I hope this helps. It took me almost a year to win a 1st place with one of my acts....so don't give up if you do not do well your first time out. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
alekei
View Profile
Loyal user
Dubai/Lisboa
245 Posts

Profile of alekei
Use as referemce the Competition Rules of FISM. If you know What will be Judged, you can work aiming that.

The Main characteristics must be:

Originality, Skill, a Themed Act, Perfect Customing, Consistence.

Compare your act with some others that already won prizes and you can have a little idea is it's at the same level.
Ingo Brehm
View Profile
New user
Germany
61 Posts

Profile of Ingo Brehm
Yes,

good advice. Watch "the best" and then you have a cue, how a good competition act should be. I would suggest to take a look at the performance of Jason Latimer (current Fism Winner Close-Up), Tina Lennerts "Mob-Man" (a timeless act that would win prices even today) or the Fism-Acts on the "Flicking Fingers"-DVD and "Done by Misdirection" of Manuel Muerte. I know, this seems hard, but remember, these guys or someone who is even better could be your opponent...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Going for the 'Gold' » » How to win? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL