The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Hold Outs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barajista
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Barajista
I am interested in learning more about different types of hold outs. Does anyone know of a good resource for learning more about them and perhaps if there are plans available to build different hold outs? Thanks!
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
There is a book out there somewhere called "Hold Out Miracles"

It was published by Tannen around 1976.

I looked at Daytona and H & R but didn't see it listed.

It has a lot of good info on hold outs.
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Barajista
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Barajista
I'll check that out! Thanks for the info! I recently found Fulves' Impromptu Hold Outs, which has some very interesting ideas when you're on the fly, but I guess since seeing the mechanical holdouts in the movie Shade, my interest in classic gamblers holdouts has been renewed! When they sell, they seem to be quite expensive, which is why I wonder if they can be built.

Another question...has anyone heard of a Trabucco Hold Out? Someone mentioned it to me and I hadn't heard of it before...
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hiya, Magi:

The "Hold Out Miracles" booklet was given to me as a birthday gift by my pal Brady a coupla years back, and it's the definitive source for the tinker who wants to cobble up his own hold-outs, IMO.

If you're interested in type of gizmos that haven't been seen since James West was television's favourite Secret Service Agent, then you gotta go see http://jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html

Sincerely,
Leland Edward Stone
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Quote:
On 2004-07-14 10:00, Barajista wrote:
Another question...has anyone heard of a Trabucco Hold Out? Someone mentioned it to me and I hadn't heard of it before...

Take a look here for an indepth review of the Trabucco Holdout. It should take a while to get through all of the posts.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Barajista
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Barajista
Hi Leland and Bob,
Thanks for the info...I will be busy looking into this holdout info this weekend! I'll keep you posted..
paulsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of paulsmagic
The trabucco holdout is an excellent investment. it truly is unique and easy to use. it is unlike anything on the market. you move slow and natural. you must wear a sport jacket or vest. no strings pulls elastic etc... it is well worth the price considering what you can do with it.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Ernase has a nice little section devoted to them. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Hold Outs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL