The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I need a sleight! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maxyboy
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of maxyboy
Hi
I need some help with a sleight I'm trying to use for the 2-card monte Blaine routine. (turning the two red queens into a couple of black aces). I've been watching his video in slow motion and still don't know how he did it so smoothly.

So, question is, do you have any tips for exchange a card in your hand for the card on the bottom of the pack? When I do it, it takes a little bit too much time and there's a little bit too much friction trying to get it out.

Many thanks
Maxy
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Instead of trying to deal off the bottom, use a triple lift to show the 2nd card. Then do a switch by placing the card you take out of their hand closer to you on the top of the pack. (not square: injogged) That way when you give them back the switched card, dealt 2nd card from the top, it is easier to grab.

I hope that made sense.

G

Cards should be in this order RQ, BA, BA, RQ then the rest of the pack.
mike4dice
View Profile
New user
Randolph, NJ
84 Posts

Profile of mike4dice
Go learn Dr. Daley's Last Trick and you'll have a much better effect (IMHO).

mike Smile
"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." - Goethe
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Mike,
I think Dr. DLT is really good. One of my favorites. But doing it in someone else's hand is pretty darn strong.
-G
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
The trick you're looking for is actually a creation of Eddie Fechter's. It's called "Be Honest, what is it?" If you get the book "Fechter", you'll find a better handling of the effect. And it has an added kicker finish. And there's much more of Fechter's great tricks in it too. I always say "If you're gonna learn it, learn it right." Hope this helps.

Cheers,
dchung
mike4dice
View Profile
New user
Randolph, NJ
84 Posts

Profile of mike4dice
Quote:
On 2002-09-04 17:56, zeroG wrote:
Mike,
I think Dr. DLT is really good. One of my favorites. But doing it in someone else's hand is pretty darn strong.
-G

-G, I was a bit confused by your post. I always do DLT in the spectator's hand. Is that what you meant?

thanks...mike Smile
"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." - Goethe
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
You can download from ellusionist.com but
it may be a little spendy. Check for single trick downloads they are cheaper and you get exactly what you want.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Mike,
I never do DLT like that but I'll try it that way next time. Thanks
ben creitz
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of ben creitz
maxyboy: when you cited friction as a problem, it made me wonder whether you ought to try a new deck. I was having a heap of trouble learning the elmsley count, till I realized I was using grubby, sticky cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I need a sleight! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL