The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » 2 Foot Street Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Im new here to the magic Café, but I am not new to magic. I have been doing street magic for 8 years. Over those years I have been forced to come up with my own material due to the fact I didn't come from a rich family. One of my favorites that I have came up with is a street levitation. Here is the effect:

You walk up to group of people and offer to show a wierd levitation. Have a girl stand in front of the group, you now either remove or borrow a large jacket and give it to her to hold. Now you sit down indian style in front of her and have her hold the jacket out in front of you so it covers everything below your waist. You instruct her to raise the jacket very slowly but not to slow. As she does so you begin to rise off the ground up to 2 feet. The spectators can see below the jacket and see just the young ladies legs and whatever else is behind her. To the spectators it looks like your floating indian style behind the jacket. The process is reversed and you are left clean.

This effect uses no props just a simple gimmick that you wear and it is hidden in your clothes.

The only draw back is that You can't perform it surrounded but you get some pretty good angles and the girl will know how its done but they don't know that she is really your assistant. The process could be reversed also you can levitate your assistant like that too. I have just taken an old principle and change it. The Orignial version was to have your assistant stand in front of you and she float slowly diagonally with no cover. The method behind it used gimmicks with a kinda complicated set-up was so good that I decided to make an impromptu version that can be done anywhere.

All I want to know is is it a good enough levitation that a street magician would want to buy and use it as a part in their magic? And how much would you pay for it?
Verno Inferno
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
132 Posts

Profile of Verno Inferno
Ahhh. Well, if you are new to the Café, then you are probably new to the demands of the internet customers here (especially when it comes to personal levitations). Peter Loughran, Steve Fearson, Ellusionist and Penguinmagic sorta set the standard by providing a downloadable demo of their levitation products. I think people will want to see your effect before paying for it.

Sounds wonderful and worth purchasing if it delivers as advertised.
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Is there any way you can hook up a camcorder to a pc and uploaded?
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
To do that with a standard camcorder (non-digital) will generally need a media converter. If you know someone with a digital camcorder, webcam, or digital still camera with video capabilities (or if you happen to have a friend with a media converter) I suggest you enlist their help in getting a video of this uploaded. It sounds very cool though.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Dude I just suggested this to another person. Get hold of a digital camera and click a pic of you doing it for a live audience. Send it to people like Hocus Pocus or contact people like Whit Hayden who is a Café member and I am sure they will help you market it.
Cheers
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
If you have a demo video about your leitation,
I want to see it. I am creating very clever gimmick for my levitation!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Quote:
On 2004-12-13 16:49, Verno Inferno wrote:
Ahhh. Well, if you are new to the Café, then you are probably new to the demands of the internet customers here (especially when it comes to personal levitations). Peter Loughran, Steve Fearson, Ellusionist and Penguinmagic sorta set the standard by providing a downloadable demo of their levitation products. I think people will want to see your effect before paying for it.

Sounds wonderful and worth purchasing if it delivers as advertised.

I see all these advertisements for new levitations here and yet I see no demo for any of them. I soon will have a demo for my levitation for the skeptics.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
About the demo video's in here,
you just give us a link to your web page if you have one or create an a free acount and put your demo video in there, after that just gave us a link to youk vid!
:)
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Perl
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
376 Posts

Profile of Perl
Wow that will be really cool!!! looking forward to the video clips!!! thanks a lot
JoeNathan
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of JoeNathan
Sounds interesting... video is the key !
Joe Nathan
Magician
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I for one would LOVE to see a vid of this!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ace_spade
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario
135 Posts

Profile of ace_spade
Sounds awesome iwould definetly want to see it
can wait!
"Believing is seeing" Smile
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
The demo will be on a website and will be avaible Mid January
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I'll be waiting for this video. This sounds great and has really sparked my interest.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
If you don't mind, in what web site will be your video?
Maybe there are some other videos?
Whatever, Keep it up man!
And remember "They bealive, what ever they want to bealive"
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Quote "And remember "They bealive, what ever they want to bealive"

Wondering what happens if they "bedead"
Sorry couldn't resist.
babyjoe
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, England
113 Posts

Profile of babyjoe
Floating on the edge in touching sky by andrew mayne has one, like this but similar, it can be done almost impromptu, and you can up to 6 feet while sitting crossed legged, it does require a little bit of cover
www.armagic.co.nr

Always Growing, As a Performer and As a Person
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I'm anxious to see this effect, so as soon as you get it up man let us all know.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Sounds like a great lev. I can't wait for the demo. Seems as if there was much thought going into this...It looks like you have a good sense of creativity. Good luck!
babyjoe
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, England
113 Posts

Profile of babyjoe
Id like to see the demo as the effect sounds similar to the idea I had ages ago,
www.armagic.co.nr

Always Growing, As a Performer and As a Person
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » 2 Foot Street Levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL