The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » missing posts in search » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I recently replied to a post under the good, bad and garbage forum. This morning I wanted to see if there was a response but forgot where I had made the post so I used search. My first search was under my username. It didn't show under the list of my posts however, a new search using a word in the text found the post in the correct forum. Is there a reason why it would not appear under my username search? Most of the time I'm not that forgetful.

Dave
Where the magic begins
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Was it a post in the topic about the most expensive item...? It showed up just now when I searched for posts under your username. I really don't know why it didn't when you searched. Did you put your username in the top (keywords) search field, or in the Author field? When I put your username in the Author field, your post shows up second in the list (right after the one you made here).
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mary: I guess it was too early in the morning for me. I gave you wrong information. If I use search with keywords of appearing cane, the search shows a response title of appearing cane dropper on Sept 13th under the forum of Boxes, bags and tubes. If I do the search on just my username, that post does not come up. It shows a post in June with a similiar name but not the one I'm looking for. All my other postings do come back on the username search. Maybe it's just a one time quirk.
Dave
Where the magic begins
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Ok, I get it! If you put your username in the keywords search box, it will search for your username in the text of the posts. Every thread that it pulled up when I searched for your username like that had a post containing your username.

If you put your (or anyone else's) username in the Author search box, it will pull up all the posts by that member.

I hope this helps!
Mary
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Well, almost. If I put my username in the Author box and select to sort by username, the post I was looking for does not come up in the list. I was looking for the topic "dropper for appearing cane". If I choose to sort by any option other than username, and it is in the list. This isn't a big deal, just thought it should sort regardless of the method selected. I found what I was looking for and that's the important thing.
dave
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » missing posts in search » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL