(Close Window)
Topic: quartered copper/silver
Do they make a copper/silver coin with a quarter? I have a small copper coin that is the same size as a quarter... I think itís from France. I could get this mated to a quarter, but I didnít know if such a thing already existed.

Speaking of copper silver coins, why is the copper coin always a different kind of coin? Why isnít it a copper half dollar? Do they make those?

Chad
Todd Lassen just sent me an early Christmas present- a Copper Silver Brass set made from a Peruvian 1/2 Sol, a small Chinese coin with a square hole and a 1964 Silver quarter. Highly cool and, as always, incredible workmanship.

I'm sure Todd would be happy to make a Copper silver set for you in quarter size. you can contact him at klarentz@aol.com

Regards,

Thomas Wayne
Sasco makes a quarter size copper/silver coin using one of the small British coins which looks like an English Penny. The only problem is that the diameter of the copper coin is slightly larger than a quarter and the copper side of the gaff doesn't quite match the real version of the copper coin.

I'd try Todd Lassen. He's the god of coin makers.

Mike
I have an American 1964 silver quarter, they are pretty cool just because Iím the only person I know that has one. Also, if you want a copper quarter then just soak a quarter in vineger or some citric acid to take off the zinc coating.
:goof: :bg: :bg: :wavey:
[quote]
On 2002-01-12 03:19, aznviet6uy wrote:
Also, if you want a copper quarter then just soak a quarter in vineger or some citric acid to take off the zinc coating.
:goof: :bg: :bg: :wavey:
[/quote]

I was told about this before. I tried it and the copper in the center of the quarter started to dissolve, but the zinc stayed. What did I do wrong?
I kept it in the vineger for about three days. all the reading is gone, the zinc is dulled, and the copper core is dissolving.
Hello all,
Todd Lassen makes hands down the best coins available. I have a c,s,b set that I love. I use his shells also.

One day when I have the money, I will try to buy everthing in triplicate. I would recomend all of your coin needs to a man whom I consider to be the doctor of a coin mans needs.

When your hurting for superior coins, he has the right prescription to make you a rock star with coin magic. I do think the killer thing about his coins are the fact if they are shiny or dull it doesnt matter, they do not have a trick coin feel to them.

I am not being paid nor am I advertising. I am just letting those of you who don't know what the best is, it is Todds coins. Heck I don't think he even likes me, but his coins rock, and he won't cheat you on what you buy.
Reed is quite correct, the coins Todd makes are awesome.The quality is fantastic.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Lassen coins :love:

:devilish:
A U.S. quarter with a copper back (English half-penny, I believe) should be available at just about any big magic shop.
They are not at all uncommon, and becoming more common as half dollars become rarer.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
I really like the C/S coin made with the new Sacajawea dollar backed by the Susan B. Anthony dollar. Bigger than a quarter, smaller than a half, they are the perfect size for me, and the Sac dollars are still new enough that they draw a lot of interest.