(Close Window)
Topic: Gold plated "Walking liberty"
There are some gold plated half dollars ( Ebay). You get them in Kennedy or Walking liberty. They are only 5-6 $ and must be useful for some copper/silver routines or Spellbound routines. Any of you coin workers tried these?
Get them!
A friend of mine got goldplated Morgan Silvers. They just showed up great in certain routines!
I second what Werner said.

I have been using gold plated half dollars and gold plated English pennies for years now.
Those along with silver/clean half dollars, really add class to your act.

Tom Wolf
Would it depend which one you get though? Also, would it cost less if you have them plated in gold yourself?
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jan 21, 2005 08:18AM)
If you look at Todd Plaster's site, there are now some more colorful options.
[quote]
If you look at Todd Plaster's site, there are now some more colorful options.
[/quote]

Those are really cool! Is it just me or are there no prices on that site? Anyone know how much they go for?
Those gold plated replica coins that are advertised on TV for $19.99 are great for metomorphesis type routines. I picked up the $5 gold coin a while back. The diameter is a little larger than a quarter, and pretty thin. All in all a good $20 investment.

Mike
My friend has those I think. They are pretty cool.
I haven't heard of them before, but for that price, I will certainly be looking for them now! Sounds like a great bargain for a very unique coin--especially the Walking Liberty. I already use the Walking Liberty Halves in one of my favorite routines.

Thanks,

Dr. Faust
If you have trouble finding them on Ebay, you should look in your phone book under "Plating" or "Metal refinishing" and see if there is a person who gold plates in your area. I work for a company that does refinishing of antiques and we have a gold tank the size of a bathtub! We have special holders for gripping coins to plate them. We can plate in 24k gold, nickel, brass, copper, and silver. The one nice thing about gold plated coins is that they never tarnish. They will wear after time, but they won't tarnish. Nickel plated finishes also will not tarnish. They look really bright though, and have a "black shine" to them. To a layman, the color silver is silver no matter what it actually is. But if you were to put a silver coin next to a nickel coin, you would really see the diference. I use the "White shine" and "Black shine" reference when I tell people about the metals. You see, silver has a "White Shine" or should I say it reflects light very well. Nickel has a "Black Shine" or the ability to absorb shadows. Nickel does hold up a lot longer though. I have some English Pennies that are Niclel plated, and they have lasted for many many years. They look fine as long as you don't use them right next to silver coins. PM me if you are interested in getting a bunch done, and I'll be glad to give you a quote on how much it would cost to plate them.