(Close Window)
Topic: They Want Me to Wear What?!
I received a call today from a western movie set/party ranch. The standard what type of shows etc conversation ensued. Well, nothing set in writing but since it is a western old frontier town, the owner said I would have to wear western wear including cowboy hat, vest and pants. He did mention thrift stores which was already on my mind:)

Anyone have this happen to them before an actual gig? He did mention everything was contingent on my abilities which goes without saying (not worried about that part).
Are you getting a higher fee. if you go out and buy a costume/clothes for this party.
Message: Posted by: TommyTheTremendous (Feb 1, 2005 01:38AM)
I have all kinds of outfits just in case there is a special attire I need to wear for a show. I have been asked to dress as Harry Potter or some kind of wizard for a kid's birthday party and I have dressed up as a cowboy (boots, hat, and all) to perform at a ranch. The outfits aren't that expensive. The cowboy outfit is basically a tux with cowboy boots and a hat. The wizard outfit can be bought during Halloween (and usually a wizard performer is required during Halloween anyways) for $30 or less. I also did one show as Dracula. The whole costume cost $20 and then I added parts of my tux to it to make it look real.
I get most of my gigs because I can attire myself to fit into the parties theme or period. I have a variety of outfits that cover a wide range of themes and time periods. Since I'm married to a costumer coming up with a suitable outfit is a lot easier for me to do than your average performer. A few years ago when I was asked by a bookstore to put together a short "Harry Potter" style performance for their book release event instead of going to the local costume shop and having to buy a cheap wizard costume I was simply able to go to my closet and pull out one.I'm suprised that with you living in San Antone that you do not already posses "cowboy duds". I thought everyone in the great state of Texas was required to own a set.
Well Pardner not exactly. A lot of Texas growth has been from influx of outsiders, myself included. I do have an 1880's old west style outfit for my doc act does that count.

Martin :pirate:
For a theme, I would do a River Boat gambler attire. Or how someone would look for a traveling theator troup of those days?
Scottasf,

I'm sending you a JPEG at your Yahoo address.

River Boat Gambler Rhett and clown. It was for something we did in October.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Try here for western vests:

http://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/Category.cgi?category=3120&type=store

Great material, good prices, excellent look..

Lee Darrow, C.H.