(Close Window)
Topic: Silk DVD's
Can anyone suggests any good silk DVD's that also contain routining information?
Lukas,
You can't do much better than the several silk DVDs put out by Duane Laflin (laflinmagic.com). One deals specifically with routining, another with the H__k ball. He also has some videos from the 90s with lots of great silk effects on them; they are not yet on DVD. Kenno
I thoroughly recommend Pavels cabaret silks video that is going real cheap at L&L at the moment (i bought mine at international magic in london recently and it is stunningly good)

best wishes
paul
Paul Diamonds Symponette in Silk is also being closed out in video but still a good reference.,
I have all three of the DVDs in Laflin's Secrets of Silk Magic Series, and they are all fantastic! They really make you want to put together a silk only act, at least it did for me.
If memory serves me correct P & A silks put out a few silk video's that had some good overall information, but the video was shot in what appears to be a garage, and the production wasn’t as strong as the content of the tapes. I have not seen these tapes anywhere in quite some time, so I don't know if they are still available or not.

MM
You are correct. Peter White did put out 7 volumes of silk magic. Content was good but production was poor. Still very worth getting. I was just watching them again the other day.

I would try writing Peter direct at P&A silks to see if you could get a set.
Thanks Richard, I wasn't aware that there were so many volumes.

MM
Pavel`s Cabaret Silk Magic and Alexander de Cova video on silk magic are some good videos too.
I bought the Pavel Cabaret Silks video last week for $10 at L&L with free shipping.
The best $10 I spent on magic in a long time. I actually bought trhe whole cabaret series for $30 and was very pleased.

Definitely worth a look.
Nick
[quote]
On 2005-01-26 10:14, hugmagic wrote:
Paul Diamonds Symponette in Silk is also being closed out in video but still a good reference.,
[/quote]

Richard,

I assume you were referencing L&L? Looks like L&L no longer has the Paul Diamonds Symponette in Silk video? Off subject - Did you once live in Hanover, PA?
Yes, I was referring to L&L. It would be nice if they put it on DVD. Otherwise watch ebay.

No, I never lived in Hanover. I know who are thinking of. He as a person who stole information from Horace and Marie Marshall and has tried to copy their work. I was a former owner of the Marshall business and was taught by Horace and Marie Marshall.