(Close Window)
Topic: Ring Flight to Keys (Key Chain)...
Hey guys! I was in a magic shop the other day and saw a magician doa ring flight to hsi key wallet. I thought that it was a really strong effect. The only problem is I haven't seen key wallets since my grandparents! (No offence to anyone.)

I'm only 21, and I can say that I haven't seen any young people carrying them. I just think that it would come off a little "hokey."

So I was thinking the other day that it would be cool to do a ring flight to my key chain. Then I could pull out my keys and show that it's attatched. (Much cooler?)

Today I came across RINKEY DINKY BY HOT TRIX! I was wondering if anyone has used this, or knows of another similar product. It seem to be what I am looking for.

Thanks,
Priest
Although I don't have Ringkey Dinky myself, I've heard that it doesn't last long eventhough the effect is quite strong.

In my opinion, get Ring Thing. It also fits your idea. Some sleight of hand is needed, but nothing fancy (a simple coin/ring vanish). Check it out here:

http://www.mymagic.com/stewart.htm

Also you can try Bob Solari's Ultimate Ring Capture. I have it and I think it's pretty good, but the keys are attached to your belt, personally, I prefer it that way and the ring appears there.

For the 2 things I've mentioned above, they last long (Ultimate Ring capture comes with a 4 year warranty if I'm not mistaken) and they are durable as there's no magnets, strings, threads or anything messy....and to top it all off, you can keep your keys in it too!

Cheers!

Logan
Priest: I do ring flight all the time, and you are correct that not many people carry ring wallets any longer. However, in my opinion, I'm not sure that really matters. What matters is the key gets from you hand to your pocket without the two coming together. It's the shock value of the reappearance, not where it reappears that counts. I do like the idea of having it reappear on a key chain though. Not sure how to accomplish that though without exposing the trick. Something to think about though.

Dave
Logan, where can I get Bob Solari's Ultimate Ring Capture? I tried his site but he doesn'y seem to carry this. Thanks.
You fellows might keep this in mind while performing these tricks. If, and I say IF, something should happen to the spectator's ring (diamond is knocked out, metal is scratched, etc.) you could be in deep doo-doo and open yourself up to some legal problems. This also holds true for some watch effects that are popular now.

Jerry Cargile
There is a new trick on the JBTV site,
I foget the name of it at the moment, but you vanish a spectators ring, and it ends up
in a mouse trap (set to pop) inside of your jacket pocket.. interesting I thought, kind of a new kick to the standard ring trick..
also, when you remove the mouse trap, the ring is attached to it (somehow) in the exact location where you would put the cheese..
I can see some potential humor involved when you tell the spec to go ahead and take their ring back... :)
if I find the name of it I will repost..
I think its something like Ring Trap..
Cheers
MagicTom
[quote]
On 2002-09-19 07:57, Bernard Sim wrote:
Logan, where can I get Bob Solari's Ultimate Ring Capture? I tried his site but he doesn'y seem to carry this. Thanks.
[/quote]

Hey Bernard!

Yeah, Solari's Ultimate Ring Capture is quite rare to find since he marketed it some time ago. I was lucky enough to find it at Ang's House Of Magic at Peninsula! Unfortunately, it was his last one :(

Anyways, 'Ring Thing' is has the same effect and in my opinion adds more cover to what's happening since the key ring is IN your pocket, as apposed to hanging on your belt which I found a LITTLE difficulty with, i.e. coordination and timing. Misdirection is CRUCIAL for these kind of gaffless effects, and I can only misdirect for so long... :hmm:

Cheers!

Logan
Priest,
I had RINKEY DINKY & returned it..
It 'talked' loud.
i do not do ring flight for the reason Jecar mentioned..My friend was doing it & lost the ring as it flew off..He had insurance & had the ring replaced..
Gaeton Blum has another method that is much safer.The reaction is very good too.
I have been using ring flight for 20 years and have never had a ring fly off. Maybe it's the clip I have. Once closed on the ring, you can't even pull it off. There is a danger I suppose of having a diamond come loose. I usually try to find a band without a stone if possible.

Dave
I personally like Geaton Blooms ring flight. I saw him perform it in a lecture and it was awesome. This guy has great ideas. Also to topsinmagic with Geaton Blooms ring flight you won't have any problems with anything flying off or getting caught. It's great.
Thanks Ben. Although I've never had anything get caught or fly off, I'll check out Geaton Blooms version next time I have to replace mine. Off course the one I have is already 20 years old and has no problems so it may be awhile before I replace it.

Dave
I use Steve Dusheck's "Ringer". The only way that you could lose the ring is if you drop it. The vanish could be accomplished by sleights -- that's what I do. The ring is found on a keyring that has a threaded ferrel. It is unthreaded to remove the ring.

I just don't like versions that could shoot the ring across the room. Even the Bloom version requires that the ring be small. "Ringer" can be used with any size of ring.
Word of warning with Solari's--I used to use it all the time, and after a while it would constantly manage to work its way open and I'd find a key falling to the ground as I walked. I'm not sure exactly how, but somehow the release button would get pushed in and the ring would slip to the side just enough for a key to come off.

I was also a bit upset when I found an identical key ring, ready to go, at the local car part chain store, but I do have to give credit to Bob for realizing that you could use it for this kind of effect, and the price wasn't too unreasonable for that. It was really a case of paying for the idea, not just the prop.
By using Geaton Blooms ring flight, I would like to vanish a key in front of the audiences not on my back. The problem is that this act tends to make a nasty noise.

Please give me any ideas.

Thank you,
yken
Viking has a good one
Go to http://www.porperoriginals.com and look at "Just IN Case" (plug)
I have Rinkey Dinkey, Gaeton Bloom's ring flight, Ring Thing, Morelli Ring and I had Just in Case for a while. My observations, Rinkey Dinkey is not usable. Gimmick is too light and won't stay in your pocket. Plus the clip scratches rings very easily and you have the danger of the ring flying off. Bloom's ring flight is cheaply made and has a cheesy key case. I didn't like it. Ring Thing was ok but not my favorite. Just in Case was a quality version of Bloom's ring flight with an updated gimmick but to me, the handling was too cluttered and I didn't feel it was as clean as Bloom's gimmick. I'm sure people will disagree with my above assessments but those are my observations. To me, the best is the Morelli ring. No danger to the ring and it's simple to operate with no reel to speak of. Plus it's only $35. As you can see, I've tried many versions of ring flight and I always return to the Morelli Ring. (www.vikingmagic.com).
Cluttered? No more than Bloom's if you do Ring Fright version... and NO CLUTTER at all if you just do a straight vanish of ring to the case. :die:
Hello,

I like Geaton Blooms ring flight too, very clever !

Ange.
After reading this thread, I went online and bought the Morelli Ring. I have just received it today and I'm absolutely delighted. It's SO simple yet so clever.

I, too, have owned most of the things described here, including the Ring Thing, and none of them worked for me PLUS I have a fear of damaging a borrowed ring.

With the Morelli Ring, you just drop the ring into it and give it to the spectator who now has to unscrew it to retrieve their ring that is sitting between two of your keys!

It's safe, it's clean, it's fast and it's an instant reset.

What more could you want?

Excellent!
While the Morelli Ring is very good, a reeless ring flite is simply not as effective or magical as a true reel ring flite.

Best regards,

Michael
I respectfully disagree. Comparing reelless ring flights to reel ring flights is like comparing high tech bill in lemon gizmos to gimmick-less versions. If you do it correctly, the effect should be exactly the same to the spectator regardless of what version you use. Morelli is brilliant for all the reasons mentioned by James. The fact that you have to do the loading vs. a reel doing the loading in a minor detail that should not be noticed by the spectator if you do it properly.
Anyone have a Morelli Ring Flight they would be intersteaed in trading..I have been wanting one for a while. I know its only $35.00 but trading is my best option after being out of work for over a year!
Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on Steve Dusheck's "Ringer".
I too would like to know where I could find Ringer.
From my experience Rinkey Dink is a great thought but an extremeley poorly piece of equiptment. It will not last and I would suggest you would be lucky to get to perform it only a few times before it breaks. I have yet to find many satisfied owners of this little TOY because to me that is all it is. Just my opinion so stick to ring/wallet effects, I have never encountered anyone saying how come you carry that type of wallet or key wallet, when performed smoothly the only thought is oh my god how did it end up thier, his hands never left my sight and they don't.

Jeff K
To me, the most important bit of the Ring flight to keychain is the vanish (personally)
I have only seen Immakulate ring flite and Gaeton bloom's version.
Gaeton's is definitely 'safer' to use...but the vanish is a lot weaker than Immakulate Ring flite...

What do you guys think has the best vanish?
There's no question the best "vanish" is with a clip on a pull. But the best ROUTINE? There are two killers tht have been published. Whit Haydn's (with a conventinal ring flight)and Mike Close's "Ring Fright" with either Gaetan's or the Porper/Biro Just IN Case. Gaetan's only works well with a small ring, ours you can use any size ring (neither use a dangerous reel/pull). The best "unpublished" that I have witnessed is Bruce Cervon's.
Just to throw in a big plus for Rinkey Dinkey here.

I have used my RD for 4 years now, I replace them after 2 years of constant use as I perform it on a professional basis approx 20 times a week on average, I am still using the same one after 2 1/2 years! I may replace this only to get a fresh new one. All honesty I get some amazing mileage out of it, performed it in quiet surroundings and its a reputation maker without a doubt.

Its obviously not for everyone...which Im glad about!!

But from me this is the jewel in my repertoire crown

Stuart

http://www.livemagic.co.uk
[quote]
On 2006-05-07 06:55, jaduwalla wrote:
Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on Steve Dusheck's "Ringer".
[/quote]
You can only get them directly from Mr. Dusheck himself. Here is his website http://www.stevedusheck.com/index.html

Accordingto this, it says that he's temporarily out of stock. You might want to email him (contact info is on his homepage)to see when he'll have more.

I hope that this helps.
I purchased Immakulate Ring Flite many moons ago when it first came out. I love it. Over the years during moving hither and yon, I have misplaced it. Just last night I was cleaning out some old junk drawers and lo and behold, I found it! I have been playing around with it all night long. I have not used any of the others mentioned above, however, when I was using this back in the day, I never had any problems with the spectator's ring. The clip is secure and the reel is quite silent, and above all else, the effect just KILLS! I have never once had the key wallet come into question. They just can't get passed that the ring cleanly vanished without a trace right before their eyes and reappeared in an impossible location secured to a key case. I think I'll be bringing this one out of the graveyard. I almost forgot how strong this effect can be.

:cheers:

Phil
How about this rewind wallet? http://www.lummi.co.uk/andorra.php

A reel is built into the wallet's fabric.. you could easily attach some keys to it and use the reel for a ringflight type of routine... like Dingle's... looks great to me!