(Close Window)
Topic: Copperfield effect help
Does anyone know the effect that Copperfield used in his Statue of Libert special where he had 3 audience members name 3 numbers. Those numbers were that actual numbers of a room key that had been sealed in front of the audience.

What is the name of that effect? Is there a marketed version of that effect that is sold? Were the numbers engraved on the key or merely written on a sticker.
It is a Don Wayne marketed effect called "Room Service."
Sounds a lot like "Room Service". I'm pretty sure it's available to buy. At least, it used to be.

EDIT: Err...yeah, what Dave said. :)
Thanks guys. Is the 3 digit number written on a tag or sticker or engraved on the key?
Not sure. I don't have this effect. Merely read about it over the years. :)
The numbers are inscribed on the key.

- entity
Yes,its the exact Don Wayne's effect Room Service.I used to have it.
You cannot perform the Copperfield version of room Service without an assistant. But its a great enough effect to stand alone.
1.Round white avery brand 1 1/2" stick on label applied to both sides of the metal object in question which is kept in your pocket.
2.Key ring inside of paycheck envelope.
3.Room number chosen.
4.NW the info.

Miracle Accomplished
[quote]
On 2005-02-15 17:14, Sebastian Black wrote:
1.Round white avery brand 1 1/2" stick on label applied to both sides of the metal object in question which is kept in your pocket.
2.Key ring inside of paycheck envelope.
3.Room number chosen.
4.NW the info.

Miracle Accomplished[/quote]

Koran did the same effect, and it is shown on the new Osterlind DVD set of ETMMM.
I would go for the Koran method too...or create a new one...perhaps...?
Did anyone see Copperfield a year or 2 back do an effect on stage with large ESP cards and specs making the choices.

I saw it, I just can't remember the sequence--I know, my bad.
I have a version of room service/gold medalion where the medalion is in the spectators possession before the reveal, and the number is actually engraved into solid brass. As a final you ask the spectator their astrological sign, when they turn it over its engraved on the back!!. And they can hold it in their hands nothing to find.
I do believe Water's has a variation to this in Mind, Myth & Magic. Too, there is a PW method for doing this (I think it's in a Riggs book on PW techniques)... the other side of the coin is to look into a bit known as THE MEDALLION. Come to think of it, either MAGICK or SYZYGY had a bit like this that used a Swami...

... ain't it amazing how many versions of the same mouse trap we magic types can create?